New International Research Networks Award
The New International Research Networks award is supported by the Office of the Vice-President (Research) and aims to promote new collaborations between researchers from Western and their international colleagues. As the rate of growth of human knowledge continues to increase, we have reached an era of necessary hyper-specialization in which international collaboration is an increasingly fundamental enabler of world-class research. Creating opportunities for researchers at Western to interact with colleagues from around the world is of critical importance to our research mission.
- The New International Research Networks Award provides up to $5,000 to eligible Western Researchers for establishing new international collaborations
- These funds are intended to address the logistical costs incurred during the initial process of setting up a collaborative research project, such as travel, communications cost and/or small scale exploratory research
- Eligible Western researchers are to submit a ROLA proposal and complete the New International Research Networks application
- Complete the New International Research Networks Award application
The applicant must hold a full-time tenured or tenure track position at Western. The international co-applicant must hold academic or industrial research position that is not located in Canada.
This award is not intended to fund already established collaborations. The applicant and co-applicant must not have an existing, established research relationship. The exclusionary criteria include (but not limited to): (1) prior joint publications; (2) named co-investigators on existing funding; (3) joint participation in a research network; (4) past co-supervision of a graduate student; and (5) prior supervisor / trainee relationship.
- Final Research Report - A final research report is due within three months of the grant end date.