Western Strategic Support for NSERC Success Fall 2019 Competition
Jointly funded by the office of the Vice-President (Research) and the researcher's faculty, Western's Strategic Support for NSERC Success program offers three funding opportunities identified as Seed and Accelerator (Fall competition) and Bridge (Spring competition) grants. These grants are targeted at researchers who are either not currently holding external NSERC funding, or are preparing to submit to a higher NSERC grant value. The intent of these grants is to offer critical, one-time funding to support an individual investigator’s research activities for the subsequent development of strong, competitive submissions to external, peer-reviewed research sponsors.
The merit of each proposal will be assessed by the Science and Engineering Research Board (SERB) on innovation, impact, deliverables (both long- and short-term), proposed methodology, HQP training plan and proposed budget. Successful applicants are expected to develop and submit competitive research proposals to a NSERC competition within two years of the award’s start date. Note: Indirect costs are not supported by this program.
WSS for NSERC Success Seed & Accelerator Grants
Note: The fall 2019 program will officially launch by early September
- WSS for NSERC Success Seed Research Grant Program Guidelines (Password Protected)
- WSS for NSERC Success Accelerator Research Grant Program Guidelines (Password Protected)
- Application Instructions (Password Protected)
- Application Forms:
- WSS for NSERC Success Seed Research Grant Application Form (Password protected)
- WSS for NSERC Success Accelerator Research Grant Application Form (Password protected)
|Dean's Deadline||Consult with faculty research office|
|Application Deadline (Seed & Accelerator)||November 8, 2019|
|Results By||December 2019|
- Final Report - Online form due within six months of the grant end date.
Internal competitions are administered by Research Western Internal Grants (519-661-2111, ext. 84500, firstname.lastname@example.org). For more information or questions, please contact Elizabeth Russell-Minda, Research Development Officer (519-661-2111 ext. 88701)