Western Strategic Support for NSERC Success
Jointly funded by the office of the Vice-President (Research) and the researcher's faculty, Western's Strategic Support for NSERC Success program offers three funding opportunities identified as Seed, Bridge and Accelerator grants. These grants are targeted at researchers who are not currently holding external NSERC funding or are preparing to submit to a higher NSERC grant value. The intent of these grants is to offer critical, one-time funding to support an individual investigator’s research activities for the subsequent development of strong, competitive submissions to external, peer-reviewed research sponsors.
The merit of each proposal will be assessed by the Science and Engineering Research Board (SERB) on innovation, impact, deliverables (both long- and short-term), proposed methodology, HQP training plan and proposed budget. Successful applicants are expected to develop and submit competitive research proposals to a NSERC competition within two years of the award’s start date. Scroll down for application form and instructions
2018 Program is Now ClosedApplication Forms and Instructions (for reference only)
- SERB Seed Research Grant Guidelines (Password Protected)
- SERB Accelerator Research Grant Guidelines (Password Protected)
- Application Instructions (Password Protected)
- Application Forms:
Indirect costs are not supported by this program.
- Internal program applications are processed through Research Development & Services and must be accompanied by a completed ROLA Proposal. All submissions will be adjudicated by appointed members of Western's Science and Engineering Review Board (SERB).
- Final Report - ONLINE form due within 6 months of the grant end date.
Internal competitions are administered by Research Development & Services, Room 5150, Support Services Building (519-661-2111, ext. 84500, email@example.com)
For more information or questions, please contact Elizabeth Russell-Minda, Research Development Officer (519-661-2111 ext. 88701)