Partnership Development Grants
The SSHRC Partnership Development Grant program provides support for teams/partnerships to develop research and related activities in the social sciences and humanities fields. The proposed projects must include knowledge mobilization and the meaningful involvement of students and new scholars, by fostering new partnerships for research and related activities involving existing and/or potential partners. Alternatively, the proposed research project may design and test new partnership approaches for research and/or related activities that may result in best practices or models that either can be adapted by others or have the potential to be scaled up to a regional, national or international level.
Partnerships funding is intended for teams working in formal collaboration between postsecondary institutions and/or organizations of various types. Within the Partnership Development Grants funding opportunity, there are two distinct categories of partnerships that may request support:
- Existing partnerships: Support to foster new research and/or research-related partnership activities that are distinct from the partnership’s previous/ongoing partnership activities.
- New partnerships: Support to foster new research and/or research-related partnership activities that are undertaken by partnerships in their initial stages
Please see the SSHRC program descriptions for more details.
Value and Duration
- One to three years
- Total of $75, 000 to $200, 000 over the funding period
- Applicants are required to secure Cash/In-Kind contributions towards their proposal but no minimum value is required.
- See Eligibility Criteria.
Applications submitted to SSHRC that would be more appropriately evaluated by NSERC or CIHR will not be accepted. In such cases, applicants may be required to submit a new application to the appropriate agency. Applicants working in research areas where boundaries overlap are advised to state clearly in all applications for funding why they believe their proposals are primarily appropriate for support by the agency to which they are submitting their application. Partners, as outlined in the proposal must provide evidence that they have entered into a formal partnership.
- Complete a ROLA
- Submit application via SSHRC online system
- Institutional Letters of Support
- Document(s) for Evidence of Formal Partnership
|October 15, 2018||
|November 1, 2018||
|November 8, 2018||
|November 15, 2018||
- Program Homepage
- Frequently Asked Questions about Partnership Development Grants and Partnership Grants
- SSHRC Guidelines for Cash and In-Kind Contributions
- Guidelines for Effective Research Training
For more information, or questions relating to SSHRC Partnership Development Grants, please contact: Nicole Kaniki (519-661-2111 ext. 87182)