Early Researcher Awards
The Ontario Ministry of Research, Innovation
- May 29, 2018: Internal deadline for Notice of Intent submission (to Antoinette Martin) and ROLA proposal
- June 1, 2018: Submission of NOIs to the Ministry at 1 p.m.
- June 26, 2018: First draft submitted to RDS if participating in internal peer review
- July 10, 2018: Revised draft submitted to RDS if participating in internal peer review; first draft if not participating in internal peer review
- July 24, 2018: Peer reviewer comments returned to applicants
- July 31, 2018: ROLA proposal, final application, and reference letters (hard copy or email) submitted to RDS
- August 7, 2018: Submission of applications to the Ministry at 1 p.m.
Full-timefaculty member or principal investigator at an eligible research institution at the time of application;
- Started your academic research career no more than five years ago (as of July 1, 2018);
- Completed your first
PhD, DVM or MD no more than 10 years ago (as of July 1, 2018);
- Have not already held an Early Researcher Award; and
- Not a Tier 1 Canada Research Chair.
Eligible interruptions, such as parental leaves or mandatory training (e.g., medical residencies) are taken into consideration when determining applicant eligibility. Please contact Research Development if you have questions regarding your eligibility.
For full program details, visit the Early Researcher Awards website.
Additional Documents and Resources
- ERA Program Guidelines
- Slides from Western’s ERA Information Session, May 10, 2018 [PDF, Password-protected]
- MRIS ERA Round 14 Presentation, April 25, 2018 [PDF]
- Example ERA Application Assessment
- Application Guide [PDF]
- ERA Round 14 Handout
- Guide for Reference Letters [PDF, password protected]
- The Craft of Writing Effectively
- Youth Outreach Activities
Please note that the NOI and application forms are fillable PDFs and must be opened in Adobe Reader or Adobe Acrobat.