Skip to Content
Shannon L. Sibbald, PhD
- MSc, PhD (Toronto)
- BHSc (Western)
Supervising Graduate Students
- Interdisciplinary Health and Health Systems Research
- Combining the methods and theories from a variety of disciplines to create innovative solutions to health systems challenges
- Implementation Science
- How teams access, share, store and use knowledge
- Interprofessional Teams
- How high performing health care teams work
- How current education and training can prepare students for interprofessional work
- Patient-centred models of care for chronic disease management
- Sibbald SL, Hall RE, Embuldeniya GE, Gutberg J, Everall-Day A, Abdelhalim R, Carbone S,
Jopling S, Nessa NS, Thampinathan S, & Wodchis WP. (2020). Ontario Health Team Central Evaluation – Formative Evaluation: Document Analysis. Toronto, ON: Health System Performance Network.
- Sibbald, S.L., Jegatheeswaran, J., Pocock, H., Penney, G. (2020). A National Survey of Educational and Training Preferences and Practices for Public Health Nurses in Canada. The Journal of Continuing Education in Nursing, 51(1):25-31.
- Sibbald, S. L., & Haggerty, N. (2019). Integrating Business and Medical Pedagogy to Accomplish the Sustainable Development Goals. Journal of Education for Sustainable Development, 13(1), 92–101. https://doi.org/10.1177/0973408219844857
- Sibbald, S.L., Kang, H. & Graham, I.D. (2019). Collaborative health research partnerships: a survey of researcher and knowledge-user attitudes and perceptions. Health Research Policy and Systems 17, 92.
- Sibbald, S. L., John-Baptiste, A., & Speechley, M. (2019). Navigating the Complexities of Evaluating Team-Based Learning in the Graduate Classroom. Pedagogy in Health Promotion, 5(4):254–260.
- Sibbald, S. L., Misra, V., Ziegler, B., & Fazel, S. (2019). Supporting a Healthier Campus: Once University’s Journey to Smoke-Free. Youth Engagement in Health Promotion, 3 (1).
- Sibbald, S. L., Selkirk, K., Cherla, A., & Misra, V. (2019). An Opportunity for Quality: The need for Better Evaluation of Family Health Teams in Ontario. Healthcare Quarterly,21(4):28-31.
- Sibbald, S. L., and Sibbald, R.W. (2019). Creating a Community Driven Bioethics Network. Journal of Integrated Care, 27 (1):15-25.
- Cassidy, B. P., Harwood, L., Getchell, L.E., Smith, M., Sibbald, S. L., & Moist, L.M. (2018). Educational Support Around Dialysis Modality Decision Making in Patients with Chronic Kidney Disease: Qualitative Study. Canadian Journal of Kidney Health and Disease. 5.
- Ly, O., Sibbald, S. L., Verma, J. Y., & Rocker, G. M. (2018). Exploring role clarity in interorganizational spread and scale-up initiatives: the 'INSPIRED' COPD Collaborative. BMC Health Services Research, 18(1):1-7.
- Sibbald, S. L., Brown, R., Schmidt L. (2018). Creating an Interprofessional Network in Lifestyle Medicine: The Journey of the Canadian Academy of Lifestyle Medicine. American Journal of Lifestyle Medicine. April 27.
- Brennan D, Zecevic AA, Sibbald, S.L., Nolte V. (2018). “I just roll over, pick myself up, and carry on!" Exploring the Fall-Risk Experience of Canadian Masters Athletes. Journal of Aging and Physical Activity. Jan 18:1-31.
- Graham, I. D., Kothari, A., McCutcheon, C. & Sibbald, S.L. (2018). Moving knowledge into action for more effective practice, programmes and policy: protocol for a research programme on integrated knowledge translation. Implementation Science, 13(22).
- Braganza, B., McKinley, G. P., & Sibbald, S.L. (2018). The construction of “trauma” in Canadian residential school survivors and impacts on healing interventions and reconciliation initiatives. The Canadian Journal of Native Studies, 38(1).
- Sibbald, S. L., Clark, A. F., Seabrook, J. A., & Gilliland, J. (2018). Without compromising integrity: Research and planning around the primary healthcare landscape in southwestern ontario. Healthcare Quarterly, 21(1):46
- Sibbald, S. L., Brennan, D., & Zecevic, A. One-Sentence, One-word: An Innovative Data Collection Method to Enhance Exploration of the Lived Experiences. The Qualitative Report, 23(12):3019-3030.
- Verma JY, Amar C, Sibbald S, Rocker GM. (2017). Improving care for advanced COPD through practice change: Experiences of participation in a Canadian spread collaborative. Chron Respir Dis.
- Sibbald, S.L., Wathen, C.N., Kothari, A. (2017). Managing Knowledge in Transitions: Experiences of Health Care Leaders in Succession Planning. The Health Care Manager, 36 (3), 1-6.
- Kothari A, Boyko JA, Conklin J, Stolee, P & Sibbald, S.L. (2015). Communities of practice for supporting health systems change: A missed opportunity. Health Research Policy and Systems, 13, 33.
- Boyko JA, Sibbald S.L. & Graham R. (2015). A sense-making framework for grass-roots HPH networks. Clinical Health Promotion Centre, 5(1), 26-29.
- Kothari A, Hovanec N, Sibbald S.L., Donelle L & Tucker T. (2015). Process Evaluation of Implementing Knowledge Management Tools in Public Health. Knowledge Management Research and Practice.
- Sibbald S.L., Peirson L & *Boyko J. (2015). Squaring circles: The gap for interdisciplinary trainees in a discipline-driven academy. International Journal of Higher Education, 4(3), 63-67.
- Health Policy, Management & Evaluation
- Health Promotion and Communication
- Developing Healthy Communities
- Knowledge Translation/Implementation Science
- Co-lead for the Western Ontario Population Health Coalition
- Co-lead for the Collaborative Health Care Improvement Partnerships (CHIPs)
- Academic Partner of the Ontario Lung Association, Patient Support Group
- Mentor iHPME Alumni Association