Trish Tucker, PhD
School of Occupational Therapy
Room 2547, Elborn College
519 661-2111, 88977
- BHSc, MA, PhD (Western University)
Supervising Graduate Students
- Measurement and promotion of physical activity among preschool-aged children
- Environmental influences on physical activity in childcare settings
- Neighbourhood environmental influences on physical activity among children and youth
- Truelove, S., Vanderloo, L.M., & Tucker, P. (2017). Defining Active Play Among Young Children: A Systematic Review. Journal of Physical Activity and Health, 14(2), 155-166. doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.1123/jpah.2016-0195.
- Vanderloo, L.M., & Tucker, P. (2017). Physical Activity and Sedentary Time in Full-Day Kindergarten: Comparing the Traditional and Balanced Day Schedules. Health Education Journal, 76(1), 29-37. doi: 10.1177/0017896916643354.
- Tucker, P., Maltby, A.M., Burke, S.M., Vanderloo, L.M., & Irwin, J.D. (September 2016). Comparing Physical Activity and Sedentary Time among Overweight and Non-Overweight Preschoolers Enrolled in Early Learning Programs: A Cross-Sectional Study. Applied Physiology Nutrition and Metabolism, 41(9), 971-976. doi: 10.1139/apnm-2016-0021.
- Kothari, A., Hovanec, N., Sibbald, S., Donelle, L., & Tucker, P. (August 2016). Process Evaluation of Implementing Knowledge Management Tools in Public Health. Knowledge Management Research and Practice, 14(3), 401-411. doi: 10.1057/kmrp.2015.4.
- Vanderloo, L.M., D'Alimonte, N., Proudfoot, N. Tucker, P., & Timmons, B.W. (February 2016). Comparing of Actical and ActiGraph Accelerometers for Measuring Young Children’s Physical Activity Levels and Sedentary Time. Pediatric Exercise Science, 28(1), 133-142. doi: 10.1123/pes.2014-0218.
- Tucker, P., Burke, S.M., Gaston, A., Irwin, J.D., Johnson, A.M., Timmons, B.W., Vanderloo, L.M., & Driediger, M. (January 2016). Supporting Physical Activity in the Childcare Environment (SPACE): Rationale and Study Protocol for a Cluster Randomized Controlled Trial. BMC Public Health, 16, 112. doi: 10.1186/s12889-016-2775-9.
- Martyniuk, O.J.M., Vanderloo, L.M., Irwin, J.D., Burke, S.M., & Tucker, P. (January 2016). Comparing the Nutrition Environment and Practices of Home and Centre-Based Childcare Facilities. Public Health Nutrition, 19(4), 575-584. doi:10.1017/S1368980015003535.
- Child Health and Physical Activity Lab - Lead Investigator
- Principal investigator of the Supporting Physical Activity in the Childcare Environment (SPACE) Study
- Health promotion
- Research in practice
- School of Occupational Therapy top 10% in Teaching (2011-2012)
- CIHR Institute of Human Development, Child and Youth Health (IHDCYH), Post-doctoral and New Investigators Travel Award
- CIHR Institute of Nutrition, Metabolism and Diabetes Student, Post-doctoral and New Investigators Travel Award
- Early Researcher Award, Ontario Ministry of Research and Innovation (2016-2021)
- Member - Child & Youth Network
- Contributor, Active Healthy Kids Canada – 2011 Report Card, Ontario Edition
- Research Advisory Committee, ParticiPACTION Report Card - Activities
- College of Reviewers, Canadian Institutes of Health Research - Activities