Important COVID-19 Update
October 07, 2021 7:50 PM
Dear Western Community,
We are thankful to all those who have continued to be part of Western’s collective efforts to keep our campus community safe. We have some important updates to share regarding COVID-19 vaccinations, protocols and procedures on campus.
Procedure for Events and Visitors on Campus
Effective October 12, 2021, everyone coming to Western's campus is required to be fully vaccinated and have provided proof of vaccination to the university.
Those who have been granted an accommodation by the university or are awaiting a decision from the university with respect to an accommodation must be complying with rapid antigen testing requirements.
Students living in Western’s residences must comply with the vaccination timelines in the residence contract or otherwise be approved for an accommodation.
While this policy is in effect, Western intends to place restrictions on campus events, off-campus events and visitors to keep the campus safe for students, employees and visitors.
Events with visitors will only be permitted if they are advancing the mission of the university through teaching, research and scholarship or enriching the student experience through co-curricular learning or organized athletics.
We anticipate that in-person events and conferences will remain limited in the fall term, consistent with provincial and local health unit guidelines.
Western values the contributions that visitors bring to our academic community and we look forward to a time when we can resume normal operations.
Further questions can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Western’s Daily Return-to-Campus Questionnaire
As COVID-19 protocols evolve, Western continues to take its direction from public health.
With feedback from the Middlesex-London Health Unit, Western has made some important updates to our Daily Return-to-Campus Questionnaire .
Community members will notice a new question at the beginning of the tool that states:
Do any of the following apply to you?
- I am fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (it has been 14 days or more since my final dose)
- I have tested positive for COVID-19 in the last 90 days (and have since been cleared)
As per public health guidelines, this new question has been added because those who are fully vaccinated and do not have any symptoms associated with COVID-19 can now continue to attend campus including under the following conditions:
- Have been named a close contact of someone who has COVID-19;
- Have received a COVID Alert notification; or,
- Have recently travelled outside of Canada in the last 14 days and are exempt from quarantine.
We hope this new information provides greater clarity to our community in understanding when it is safe to come to campus.
Vaccination Recommendations for People Ages 18-24
On September 29, out of an abundance of caution, the Ontario government recommended the use of Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine for individuals aged 18-24 years old . Western’s vaccination centre has been providing the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine.
We appreciate everyone’s shared commitment to health and safety.
Jane O’Brien, Associate Vice-President (Human Resources)
Lynn Logan, Vice-President (Operations and Finance)
CONTACTS AND SUPPORTS
- Office of the Registrar: www.registrar.uwo.ca/services/contact_us.html
- Graduate students: https://grad.uwo.ca/administration/directory.html
- Residence inquiries: email@example.com
- International students: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Health-related inquiries: email@example.com or 519-661-3030
- Student Support & Case Management : firstname.lastname@example.org or 519-661-2111 x89152
- Vaccination information: email@example.com
- Well-being supports: Confidential services through LifeWorks (formerly Morneau Shepell)
- Health-related inquiries: Contact your family doctor, Telehealth Ontario at 1-866-797-0000, or Workplace Health at Western at 519-661-2047
- Accessibility needs: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Other inquiries: email@example.com
- Vaccination information: firstname.lastname@example.org
AFFILIATED UNIVERSITY COLLEGES