Western moves to essential services for on-campus activities
March 24, 2020 5:45 PM
Based on a directive from the provincial government, Western will be moving to essential services on campus beginning at 11:59 p.m., Tuesday, March 24, continuing for at least 14 days.
IMPORTANT UPDATE: On April 14, the provincial government extended the state of emergency in Ontario, meaning Western will continue operating under the essential services model until at least May 12.
Employees required to report to campus to carry out their roles, who are essential to our business processes, have been notified by their supervisors.
All other Western employees who can work from home virtually should continue to do so.
Course work for students will continue in the online learning model that began on March 18.
Western will continue to support students living in residence who cannot return home due to travel restrictions, health, personal circumstances, or various obligations.
As Western moves to this essential services model, please note the following important changes:
- All buildings will be closed, with the exception of student residences
- Residence dining halls are closed with students picking up their meals and taking them back to their rooms
- Student Health & Wellness is open for in-person and telephone appointments. To make an appointment email email@example.com
- Labs conducting COVID-19 research
- Labs that must maintain essential biological specimens
- Labs with equipment that must continue to be calibrated and cannot be turned off
We appreciate your patience as we work together to move to essential services.
In the midst of all of these circumstances, the Western community continues to collaborate and support each other in extraordinary ways to achieve our academic and research missions.