About Animal Care and Veterinary Services
Animal Care and Veterinary Services' Vision Statement:
Advancing excellence in research through collaborative and innovative service, education, and animal welfare.
ACVS staff are compassionate and skilled individuals who:
- Strive to ensure exemplary care and enrichment for research animals while demonstrating gratitude and respect towards them
- Endorse advancement in research while adhering to high ethical and professional principles
- Uphold and fulfill University and regulatory agency standards through continuous accountability, integrity and compliance
- Provide ongoing development and delivery of supportive training programs for all personnel to facilitate regulatory compliance
- Develop and maintain a progressive employee health and safety program to ensure a healthy workplace environment.
ACVS also works with researchers to find alternatives to animal models in research.
If you have any ethical concerns to report, please see our ethical concerns notification information.