The Powder and Micro X-Ray Diffraction Facility
|Category||Cost per Sample+||Bruker (in situ)||Rigaku (powder)|
|Academic||Data (+additional target)||$80 (+$8 each)||$60|
|Interpretation*||$100/h (+$10/h each)||$100/h|
|Data - Self-operated||$40 (+$4 each)||$30|
|Software - Self-interpretation||$50 (+$5 each)||$50|
|Collaborative||No charge||No charge|
|Government||Data||$120 (+$12 each)||$70|
|Interpretation*||$150/h (+$15/h each)||$150/h|
|Data - Self-operated||$60 (+$6 each)||$35|
|Software - Self-interpretation||$75 (+$7.50 each)||$75|
|Collaborative||No Charge||No Charge|
|Corporate Clients||Data||$160 (+$16 each)||$80|
|Interpretation*||$200/h (+$20/h each)||$200/h|
|Data - Self-operated||$80 (+$8 each)||$40|
|Software - Self-interpretation||$100 (+$10 each)||$100|
|Collaborative||$160 (No charge for interpretation)||$80 (No charge for interpretation)|
* Note: Interpretation cost is per hour per sample, with the minimum charge being for one hour. One hour is the usual case.
Rarely, we do bill for additional hours but the cost will not exceed three hours per sample.
+ Note: There may be additional charges for troubleshooting complex samples or collecting data for longer times (e.g. nanomaterials).
- Users who intend to collect a lot of data can be trained to operate the instrumentation themselves, thus qualifying for the 'self-operated' rate.
- Training on the Rigaku takes ~3 hours at a cost of $300, which will include any data collected during the session. Group training rates are available for the Rigaku.
- Training on the Bruker D8 takes about three two-hour sessions. The cost is $600, which will include the cost of data collection of samples run for training purposes. (Note: We will train only one Bruker D8 operator per research group.)
- Training on EVA interpretaion software will be billed at $100/h (or part thereof). Group rates available.