5. Timoshenko AV, Gorudko IV, and Gabius HJ (2014) Lectins from medicinal plants: bioeffectors with diverse activities. In: Recent Advances in Phytochemistry, Vol. 44 (R. Jetter, Ed.), Springer, pp. 43-56.
4. Mazhul VM, Timoshenko AV, Zaitseva EM, Lozhnikova SG, Halets IV, and Chernovets TS (2009) Room temperature tryptophan fluorescence of proteins in the composition of biological membranes and solutions. In: Reviews in Fluorescence 2008 (C.D. Geddes, Ed.), Springer, pp. 37-67.
3. Timoshenko AV (2002) Signaling processes and structural changes in cells induced by lectins. In: Biophysics of living systems: from molecule to organism (I.D. Volotovskii, Ed.), Minsk, Belsens, pp. 109-123.
2. Timoshenko AV, Kayser K, and Gabius HJ (1997) Lectin-triggered superoxide/H2O2 and granule enzyme release from cells. Methods in Molecular Medicine: Vol. 9: Lectin Methods and Protocols (J.M. Rhodes, J.D. Milton, Eds), Totowa, Humana Press, pp. 441-451.
1. Timoshenko AV and Gabius HJ (1993) Measurement of lectin-induced superoxide release from human neutrophils. In: Lectins and Glycobiology (H.J. Gabius and S. Gabius, Eds), Heidelberg: Springer Verlag, pp. 365-368.
73. Bradley SS, Dick MF, Guglielmo CG, Timoshenko AV (2017) Seasonal and flight-related variation of galectin expression in heart, liver and flight muscles of yellow-rumped warblers (Setophaga coronata). Glycoconj J 34: 603-611.
72. Vinnai JR, Cumming RC, Thompson GJ, Timoshenko AV (2017) The association between oxidative stress-induced galectins and differentiation of human promyelocytic HL-60 cells. Exp Cell Res 355: 113-123.
71. Timoshenko AV, Lanteigne J, Kozak K (2016) Extracellular stress stimuli alter galectin expression profiles and adhesion characteristics of HL-60 cells. Mol Cell Biochem 413: 137-143.
70.Gorudko IV, Sokolov AV, Shamova EV, Grigorieva DV, Mironova EV, Kudryavtsev IV, Gusev SA, Gusev AA, Chekanov AV, Vasilyev VB, Cherenkevich SN, Panasenko OM, Timoshenko AV (2016) Binding of human myeloperoxidase to red blood cells: molecular targets and biophysical consequences at the plasma membrane level. Arch Biochem Biophys 591: 87-97.
69. Timoshenko AV (2015) Towards molecular mechanisms regulating the expression of galectins in cancer cells under microenvironmental stress conditions. Cell Mol Life Sci 72: 4327-4340.
68. Majumder M, Tutunea-Fatan E, Xin X, Rodriguez-Torres M, Torres-Garcia J, Wiebe R, Timoshenko AV, Bhattacharjee RN, Chambers AF, and Lala PK (2012) Co-expression of α9β1 integrin and VEGF-D confers lymphatic metastatic ability to a human breast cancer cell line MDA-MB-468LN. PLoS One 7(4):e35094.
67. Gorudko IV, Mukhortava AV, Caraher B, Ren M, Cherenkevich SN, Kelly GM, Timoshenko AV (2011) Lectin-induced activation of plasma membrane NADPH oxidase in cholesterol-depleted human neutrophils. Arch Biochem Biophys 516: 173-181.
66. Timoshenko AV (2011) Chitin hydrolysate stimulates VEGF-C synthesis by MDA-MB-231 breast cancer cells. Cell Biol Int 35: 281-286.
65. Shamova EV, Gorudko IV, Drozd ES, Chizhik SA, Martinovich GG, Cherenkevich SN, Timoshenko AV (2011) Redox regulation of morphology, cell stiffness, and lectin-induced aggregation of human platelets. Eur Biophys J 40: 195-208.
64. Timoshenko AV, Kaltner H, André S, Gabius HJ, Lala PK (2010) Differential stimulation of VEGF-C production by adhesion/growth-regulatory galectins and plant lectins in human breast cancer cells. Anticancer Res 30: 4829-4833.
63. Bhattacharjee RN, Timoshenko AV, Cai J, Lala PK (2010) Relationship between cyclooxygenase-2 and human epidermal growth factor receptor 2 in vascular endothelial growth factor C up-regulation and lymphangiogenesis in human breast cancer. Cancer Sci 101: 2026-2032.
62. Gorudko IV, Vakhrusheva TV, Mukhortova AV, Cherenkevich SN, Timoshenko AV, Sergienko VI, and Panasenko OM (2010) The priming effect of halogenated phospholipids on the functional responses of human neutrophils. Biochemistry (Moscow) Supplemental Series A: Membrane and Cell Biology 4: 262-271.
61. Gorudko IV, Buko IV, Cherenkevich SN, Polonetsky L, and Timoshenko AV (2008) Lectin-induced aggregates of blood cells from patients with acute coronary syndromes. Arch Med Res 39: 674-681.
60. Timoshenko AV, Rastogi S, Lala PK (2007) Migration-promoting role of VEGF-C and VEGF-C binding receptors in human breast cancer cells. Br J Cancer 97:1090-1098.
59. Gorudko IV, Loiko EN, Cherenkevich SN, and Timoshenko AV (2007) The formation of stable aggregates of human platelets induced by the lectin from Solanum tuberosum. Biofizika (Moscow) 52: 882-887. (in Russian)
58. Timoshenko AV, Chakraborty C, Wagner GF, and Lala PK (2006) COX-2-mediated stimulation of the lymphangiogenic factor VEGF-C in human breast cancer. Br J Cancer 94: 1154-1163.
57. Kulahava TA, Semenkova GN, Kvacheva ZB, Cherenkevich SN, and Timoshenko AV (2006) Effects of peroxynitrite and lipopolysaccharide on mitotic activity of C6 glioma cells. Neurosci Lett 398: 286-290.
56. Nicola C, Timoshenko AV, Dixon SJ, Lala PK, and Chakraborty C (2005) EP1 receptor-mediated migration of the first trimester human extravillous trophoblast: the role of intracellular calcium and calpain. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 90: 4736-4746.
55. Timoshenko AV, Lala PK, and Chakraborty C (2004) PGE2-mediated upregulation of iNOS in murine breast cancer cells through the activation of EP4 receptors. Int J Cancer 108: 384-389.
54. Timoshenko AV, Xu G, Chakraborti S, Lala PK, and Chakraborty C (2003) Role of prostaglandin E2 receptors in migration of murine and human breast cancer cells. Exp Cell Res 289: 265-274.
53. Timoshenko AV (2003) Lectins in medicinal plants. Proc Natl Acad Sci Bel Biol N 2: 104-113. (in Russian)
52. Timoshenko AV, Gorudko IV, Maslakova OV, André S, Kuwabara I, Liu FT, Kaltner H, and Gabius HJ (2003) Analysis of selected blood and immune cell responses to carbohydrate-dependent surface binding of proto- and chimera-type galectins. Mol Cell Biochem 250: 139-149.
51. Timoshenko AV, Maslakova OV, Werle B, Bezmen VA, Rebeko VY, and Kayser K (2002) Presentation of NO-metabolites (nitrate/nitrite) in blood serum and pleural effusions from cancer patients with pleurisy. Cancer Lett 182: 93-99.
50. Timoshenko AV (2001) Intracellular signaling in plant and animal systems. Proc Natl Acad Sci Bel Biol N 2: 36-38. (in Russian)
49. Cherenkevich SN, Samal AB, Zorin VP, Zorina TE, Semenkova GN, Kovalenko EI, Timoshenko AV, Gorudko IV, Khmelnitskii AI, Molchanov PG, Krot VI, and Gorbatsevich SK (2001) Biophysical properties of cells and model biostructures. Vestnik Bel Univ Ser 1 Fiz Mat Inform N 3 (September): 33-43. (in Russian)
48. Timoshenko AV, André S, Kayser K, and Gabius HJ (2001) Lectin (WGA)-dependent superoxide anion release by neutrophils as a prognostic factor in lung cancer. Anticancer Res 21: 3453-3456.
47. Gorudko IV and Timoshenko AV (2001) Impact of MK-886 on H2O2 generation by human neutrophils and cell degranulation. Biochemistry (Moscow) 66: 290-294.
46. Timoshenko AV, Lan Y, Gabius HJ, and Lala PK (2001) Immunotherapy of C3H/HeJ mammary adenocarcinoma with interleukin-2, mistletoe lectin or their combination: effects on tumor growth, capillary leakage and nitric oxide (NO) production. Eur J Cancer 37: 1910-1920.
45. Timoshenko AV, Vakhrushev SY, Bovin NV, and Gabius HJ (2001) Inhibitory effects of carrier-immobilized synthetic histo-blood group A-, B-, H-, and SiaLe- oligosaccharides on H2O2 generation by human polymorphonuclear leukocytes. Carbohyd Polym 44: 351-355.
44. Timoshenko AV, Gorudko IV, André S, and Gabius HJ (2000) Cell-type dependence of stability modulation of lectin-initiated contacts by impairment of multivalent carbohydrate binding and intracellular signaling. Biosci Reports 20: 199-209.
43. Gorudko IV and Timoshenko AV (2000) Effect of signaling inhibitors on the release of lysozyne from human neutrophils activated by Sambucus nigra agglutinin. Biochemistry (Moscow) 65: 1107-1113.
42. Timoshenko AV, Gorudko IV, Kaltner H, and Gabius HJ (1999) Dissection of the impact of various intracellular signaling pathways on stable cell aggregate formation of rat thymocytes after initial lectin-dependent cell association using a plant lectin as model and target-selective inhibitors. Mol Cell Biochem 197: 137-145.
41. Timoshenko AV, Gorudko IV, Cherenkevich SN, and Gabius HJ (1999) Differential potency of two crosslinking plant lectins to induce formation of haptenic-sugar-resistant aggregates of rat thymocytes by post-binding signaling. FEBS Lett 449: 75-78.
40. Timoshenko AV, Dubovskaya LV, Karvatskay OD, Zharkov VV, André S, and Gabius HJ (1999) NO-dependent regulation of lectin- and menadione-induced H2O2 production by cells from pleural effusions of lung cancer patients and by immune cells. Int J Oncol 14: 793-798.
39. Timoshenko AV, Bovin NV, Shiyan SD, Vakhrushev SY, André S, and Gabius HJ (1998) Modification of functional activity of neutrophils treated with acute phase response proteins. Biochemistry (Moscow) 63: 546-550.
38. Samal AB, Timoshenko AV, Loiko EN, Kaltner H, and Gabius HJ (1998) Formation of lactose-resistant aggregates of human platelets induced by the mistletoe lectin and differential signaling responses to cell contact formation by the lectin or thrombin. Biochemistry (Moscow), 63: 516-522.
37. Timoshenko AV (1997) Glycobiology and biomedical application of lectins. Vestnik Bel Univ Ser 2 Khim Biol Geo N 2: 38-47. (in Russian)
36. Timoshenko AV (1997) Application of endogenous lectins in clinical diagnostics. Medical News (Minsk) N4: 16-20. (in Russian)
35. Timoshenko AV, Dubovskaya LV, Timoshenko AP, Radyuk IA, Timoshenko PA, and Cherenkevich SN (1997) Lectin-reactive complexes in plasma of patients with ENT diseases. Vestnik Otorhinolaringol N3: 31-33. (in Russian).
34. Gorudko IV, Timoshenko AV, Timoshenko AP, Vacker AV, Timoshenko PA, and Cherenkevich SN (1997) Lectin-induced degranulation of neutrophils from patients with ENT diseases. Central East Eu. J Oto-Rhino-Laryngol Head Neck Surg 2: 22-27.
33. Timoshenko, A.V., André, S., Kaltner, K., Dong, X. and Gabius, H.-J. (1997) Generation of H2O2 by human neutrophils and changes of cytosolic Ca2+ and pH of rat thymocytes in response to galactoside-binding proteins (lectins or immunoglibulins). Biosci Rep 17: 219-230.
32. Timoshenko AV, Gorudko IV, Kaltner H, Cherenkevich SN, and Gabius HJ (1997) Metabolic inhibitors as tools to delineate participation of distinct intracellular pathways in enhancement of lactose-induced dissociation of neutrophil and thymocyte aggregates formed by a plant lectin. Biochem Mol Biol Int 43: 477-487.
31. Timoshenko AV, Loiko EN, Cherenkevich SN, and Gabius HJ (1996) Effects of metabolic inhibitors and lectins on the menadione-dependent generation of H2O2 by rat thymocytes. Biochem Mol Biol Int 40: 1149-1158.
30. Timoshenko AV, Kayser K, Kaltner H, André S, and Gabius HJ (1996) Binding capacities of two immunomodulatory lectins, carrier-immobilized glycoligands and steroid hormones in lung cancer and the concentration of nitrite/nitrate in pleural effusions. Lung Cancer 14: 75-84.
29. Timoshenko AV, Timoshenko AP, Shlyaga ID, Timoshenko PA, and Cherenkevich SN (1996) Cell aggregation and H2O2 generation by neutrophils in larynx cancer and in scleroma. Zdravoochranenie (Minsk) N 2: 10-12. (in Russian)
28. Timoshenko AV, Kayser K, Drings P, André S, Dong X, Kaltner H, Schneller M, and Gabius HJ (1995) Carbohydrate-binding proteins (plant/human lectins and autoantibodies from human serum) as mediators of release of lysozyme, elastase, and myeloperoxidase from human neutrophils. Res Exp Med 195: 153-162.
27. Timoshenko AV and Cherenkevich SN (1995) H2O2 generation and neutrophil aggregation induced by lectins. Gematol Transfusiol 40: 32-35. (in Russian)
26. Samal AB, Gabius HJ, and Timoshenko AV (1995) Galactose-specific lectin from Viscum album as a mediator of aggregation and priming of human platelets. Anticancer Res 15: 361-368.
25. Timoshenko AV, Cherenkevich SN, and Gabius HJ (1995) Viscum album agglutinin-induced aggregation of blood cells and the lectin effects on neutrophil function. Biomed Pharmacother 49: 153-158.
24. Timoshenko AV and Gabius HJ (1995) Influence of the galactoside-specific lectin from Viscum album L. and its subunits on cell aggregation and selected intracellular parameters of rat thymocytes. Planta Med 61: 130-133.
23. Timoshenko AV and Cherenkevich SN (1995) Effect of hyperthermia (45oC) on the aggregation of lymphoid cells. Biophysics (Moscow) 40: 117-119.
22. Timoshenko AV, Fomichev AY, and Cherenkevich SN (1994) Effect of metabolic inhibitors on resistance of the mannose-specific contacts of Escherichia coli K12 and human neutrophils. Molek Genetika N 5: 9-13. (in Russian)
21. Timoshenko AV, Kamano SS, and Cherenkevich SN (1994) Mechanisms of interaction of potassium permanganate with lymphoid cells. Proc Natl Acad Sci Bel Biol N 2: 72-75. (in Belarussian)
20. Timoshenko AV, Gerasimova LK, Kolupaeva LI, and Cherenkevich SN (1994) Mannose-specific intercellular aggregation of rat thymocytes and Escherichia coli triggered by temperature. Biopolym Cell 10: 28-31.
19. Timoshenko AV and Cherenkevich SN (1994) Glycobiological aspects of the activation of phagocytes' respiratory chain. Biopolym Cell 10: 58-66. (in Russian)
18. Timoshenko AV, Kayser K, Drings P, Kolb G, Havemann K, and Gabius HJ (1993) Modulation of lectin-triggered superoxide release from neutrophils of tumor patients with and without chemotherapy. Anticancer Res 13: 1789-1792.
17. Timoshenko AV and Gabius HJ (1993) Efficient induction of superoxide release from human neutrophils by the galactoside-specific lectin from Viscum album. Biol Chem Hoppe-Seyler 374: 237-243.
16. Timoshenko AV, Gerasimova LK, Kolupaeva LI, and Cherenkevich SN (1991) Intercellular aggregation of thymocytes and Escherichia coli bacterial cells. Biopolym Cell 7: 98-102. (in Russian)
15. Timoshenko AV and Cherenkevich SN (1991) The induced aggregation of cells. Ukr Biokhim Z 63: 3-14. (in Russian)
14. Timoshenko AV and Cherenkevich SN (1990) Effect of hyperthermia on certain properties of membranes of the HeLa cells. Exp Onkol 12: 63-65. (in Russian)
13. Timoshenko AV, Gorudko IV, Kamano SS, and Cherenkevich SN (1990) Thermo-induced shedding of membrane glycoproteins. Vestnik Bel Uni Ser 2 Khim Biol Geo N 1: 34-36. (in Russian)
12. Timoshenko AV, Zorin VP, and Cherenkevich SN (1990) Effect of prostaglandins on concanavalin A-induced aggregation of rat thymocytes. Biofizika 35: 381. (in Russian)
11. Timoshenko AV and Cherenkevich SN (1990) Clusters of membrane receptors and their movements in cells. Uspekhi Sovr Biol 109: 206-218. (in Russian)
10. Timoshenko AV and Cherenkevich SN (1989) Agglutination of rat thymocytes induced by aggregated concanavalin A. Biopolym Cell 5: 78-62. (in Russian)
9. Svirnovski AI, Shimanskaya TV, Zygankov VG, Cherenkevich SN, Levin VI, Timoshenko AV, Zorin VP, and Luz LS (1988) Mechanisms of interaction of leukemic cell with endogenous regulators of hematopoietic tissue proliferation. Tsitologiia 30: 321-326. (in Russian)
8. Timoshenko AV, Zorin VP, and Cherenkevich SN (1988) Influence of concanavalin A on sulfhydryl group content in thymocytes. Ukr Biokhim Z 60: 41-46. (in Russian)
7. Timoshenko AV and Cherenkevich SN (1987) Inhibitory influence of the scavengers of active oxygen species on the endocytosis of concanavalin A by lymphocytes. Biofizika 32: 434-437. (in Russian)
6. Timoshenko AV, Cherenkevich SN, and Samal AB (1986) Role of active oxygen species in concanavalin A-induced agglutination of lymphocytes. Vestnik Bel Uni Ser 2 Khim Biol Geo N3: 47-50. (in Russian)
5. Svirnovski AI, Shymanskaya TV, Cherenkevich SN, Levin VI, Timoshenko AV, Semenkova GN, and Zorin VP (1985) Modificated effect of the spleen extract with antitumoral activity on membranes. Proc Natl Acad Sci Bel Biol N3: 89-92. (in Belarussian)
4. Zorin VP, Timoshenko AV, and Cherenkevich SN (1985) Changes of hydrogen ions activity in lymphocytes during the endocytosis of concanavalin A. Tsitologiia 27: 713-717. (in Russian)
3. Timoshenko AV, Zorin VP, and Cherenkevich SN (1984) Influence of concanavalin A on intracellular pH of thymocytes. Biofizika 29: 499-500. (in Russian)
2. Timoshenko AV and Cherenkevich SN (1984) Interaction of liposomes with lymphocytes stimulated by concanavalin A. Proc Natl Acad Sci Bel Biol N1: 36-38. (in Belarussian)
1. Zorin VP, Timoshenko AV, and Cherenkevich SN (1982) Measurement of H+ ions activity in cellular suspensions by fluorescent method. Vestnik Bel Univ Ser 1 Fiz Mat Mech N 3: 28-31. (in Russian)