Dr. Jisuo Jin
Ph.D. University of Saskatchewan, 1988
Office: BGS 0180
Lab: BGS 1005
Phone: (519) 661-2111 x.84061
Fax: (519) 661-3198
- Ordovician-Silurian brachiopod taxonomy and diversity patterns through time;
- Origin, radiation, mass extinction, and recovery of brachiopod faunas in the epicontinental seas of North America during the Ordovician and Silurian periods;
- Paleoecolgy and environmental control on the evolution of brachiopod communities and fauna;
- Comparative study of Ordovician-Silurian brachiopod faunas of North America and South China - applications to global biodiversity patterns and paleobiogeography.
- Gushulak, C. and Jin, J. 2017 (published online July 16, 2017). Post-extinction recovery and diversification of reef-dwelling brachiopod communities: Examples from the lower Silurian of Hudson Bay Basin, Canada. Palaeogeography, Palaeoclimatology, Palaeoecology, v. 485, 605–621.
- Sproat, C. and Jin, J. 2017 (published online August 24, 2017). Paleobiogeography of the Late Ordovician brachiopod fauna during a major marine transgression and initial colonization of the epicontinental seas in Laurentia. Palaeogeography, Palaeoclimatology, Palaeoecology, 487, 105–117.
- Copper, J. and Jin, J. 2017 (published online September 12, 2017). Early athyride brachiopod evolution through the Ordovician-Silurian mass extinction and recovery, Anticosti Island, eastern Canada. Journal of Paleontology., v. 91(6), 1123–1147.
- Jin, J. and Harper, D.A.T. 2015. Occurrences of the cool-water dalmanelloid brachiopod Heterorthina in the Upper Ordovician of North America. Papers in Palaeontology, 1(3), 237–253.
- Jin, J., Harper, D.A.T., Cocks, L.R.M., McCausland, P.J.A., Rasmussen, C.M.Ø. and Sheehan, P.M. 2013. Precisely locating the Ordovician equator in Laurentia. Geology, 41, 107–110. [Highlighted in Editors’ Choice, Science, 2012, 338, p. 1397]
- Earth Sciences 2265A: Paleobiology and Paleoecology
- Earth Sciences 2266B: Dinosaur & Vertebrate Evolution
- Earth Sciences 4461B: Advanced Paleontology
- Earth Sciences 9532B: Ancient Ecosystems
- Ana Flores Gonzalez, PhD Geology Candidate
- Jason Davison, MSc Geology Candidate