Sample Preparation Services
We offer a large equipped wet lab and specimen preparation room. The facility is equipped with the following:
- Critical Point Dryer (PDF, 324 Kb)
- Sputter coater (PDF, 359 Kb)
- Sectioning equipment (Ultramicrotome, paraffin microtome, and resin cutting microtome for bone and wood)
- Embedding facilities
- Complete inventory of dozens of biological stains
- Complete immunostaining set up and available reagents for light microscopy and TEM
- Complete wet lab set up with fume hood
- Cell culture prep area with Biosafety hood and CO2 incubator
These areas are also equipped with dissecting microscopes, a tissue culture microscope and CO2 incubator.
This fully equipped lab space is available to our clients to use on their own or they can hire our trained personnel to prepare samples for them.
Image Analysis Workstations
Several image analysis software platforms are available within our facility for image processing and data anlysis.
- Imaris Bitplane 3D analysis software for 3D and 4D image rendering, animation and analysis.
- Image Pro Premier analysis software
- Zen and Zen Lite software for custom capture and export of multichannel images and movies
- Custom macro development services and image analysis consultations available
Dedicated Project Support
Users who could benefit from dedicated support all the way from sample preparation, through imaging, to image analysis and publication can now "lease" one of our staff for "Dedicated Project Support". Project support clients receive a discount on training time and assistance with consultation every step of the way to ensure publication-quality outcomes for their projects. (Subject to Staff availability)