Family Practice Clinic
UCC, Lower Level
Western University has made the decision to close all of its non-essential services starting midnight on Tuesday, March 24, 2020. Staff/Faculty Family Practice Clinic will continue to provide essential medical care to our clinic patients; however, we are seeking to further minimize the risk of COVID-19 community spread by moving to a full-time virtual model of care and a part-time clinical model of care.
Our clinic will only be open for pre-scheduled, in-person appointments from 9am-1pm on Tuesday & Thursday mornings. Our physicians will continue to provide virtual visits via telephone from 9am-4pm Monday-Friday. All visits will need to be booked in advance via email.
To book a telephone physician consult appointment, or an in-person with a doctor please email us with the required information below. You may also include a brief reason for the visit (this assists us with booking the appropriate time for your appointment, but please note that for personal privacy reasons you are not required to submit any personal health information by email). Our staff are responding to emails Monday – Friday, 9am-4pm.
When making an appointment, please provide:
> Your name and telephone number
This email address is to be used only to book appointments. No other concerns will be addressed through this account.
Please note that both email and telephone communications are never as private or secure as an in-person interaction in the office. During times of pandemic, we seek to provide care that is as confidential, safe, & comprehensive as possible given our current environmental limitations.
Full-time staff members and their immediate family (spouse and children), who do not have a family physician are eligible to use the Family Practice Clinic.
**Update: Due to the fact that our patient roster is currently at capacity, as of July 30, 2019 we will NOT be taking any new applications for the Staff/Faculty Family Practice Clinic. If you submitted an application before this date, they will be kept on file and you will be called when an appointment spot becomes available for a “1st visit”. Please be sure to check back with us again in 6 months as our patient population does have some turn over. For other family physician options, click here. Other resources include walk-in-clinics.
Please note that the clinic will be moving to a larger space in 2021 and at that time we will have the capacity to grow our family practice clinic.
As a patient you will be assigned to one physician, but in the event that your family doctor is unavailable, you will be offered an appointment with one of the other physicians at the clinic. The clinic takes pride in offering patient care that is both timely and professional. Please keep in mind, however, that there may be times when patient demands exceed appointment availability. The clinic members look forward to participating in your care!
- We will require at least 24 hour notice of an appointment cancellation. No show appointments, failure to arrive on time and inadequate appointment cancellation time will result in a fee being charged, to a maximum of $150.00. No new appointments will be booked until fees are paid.
- Prescriptions will not be renewed over the telephone. Please be sure to book an appointment BEFORE your medications run out.
- This clinic does not practice e-mail medicine. E-mails will only be used to confirm appointments.
- Blood tests may not be ordered over the telephone. Please book an appointment with the doctor to get a requisition for any blood tests required.
- Please inform the receptionist of the nature of your visit. This allows us to schedule the appropriate amount of time required.
- Inappropriate behaviour to any staff member in the clinic will not be tolerated.
- A health card is required at each appointment.
- When you no longer work for Western, you may continue to access health care services for up to six months beyond the termination date. Those who retire from Western are eligible to remain with FPC as long as they do not have another physician in the area.