Western faculty and staff members have access to a broad range of health services and supports.
- The Western Workplace Health Clinic provides occupational health surveillance, occupational and non-occupational medical care and treatment, and a safe space to share both work and personal health concerns and/or issues.
- The Family Practice Clinic is open to staff and faculty members and their immediate family members (spouse and children), who do not have a family physician. Please call or come into the office to inquire.
- The Employee Assistance Plan (EAP) offers 24/7 access to confidential emergency telephone support for all employees. Full-time and other eligible employees and members of their immediate family also have access to a range of EAP services including confidential, face-to-face or secure web-based counselling.
- The Western Ergonomics Program includes work site assessment, design consultation, descriptions of physical demands, job coaching and return to work assessments.
- Western Health and Safety works with individuals, departments and faculties to ensure a safe working environment.
- Rehabilitation Services promotes employee health and wellness and strives to minimize the impact associated with disability throughout the organization. Our team consists of a Rehabilitation Leader, Rehabilitation Coordinator, Ergonomic Specialists, a Return to Work Specialist and a Wellness Information Coordinator. We are here to support you on sick leave, long-term disability and to help you transition or return to work when it is time.
- Smoking Cessation - Want to quit smoking? Visit our Clear the Air resource page.
- First Aid and CPR training is available on campus through SERT - the Student Emergency Response Team.
- Your Western Benefits - Full-time employees at Western have access to an Extended Health and Dental Plan that helps pay for many health services not covered by OHIP. On the "Your Benefits" page, choose your employee group to review the coverage available to you.