Comprehensive Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy - Master's Program
Western University is a leader in musculoskeletal physiotherapy, having been the first graduate program of this kind in Canada.
The Advanced Health Care Practice - Comprehensive Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy master’s program provides an advanced education in orthopaedic and musculoskeletal physiotherapy to experienced clinicians.
Over the course of one year, students will develop the necessary clinical skills and strategies for life-long learning to graduate as advanced health care practitioners. This program is taught through a combination of online courses, on-campus residency periods and a clinical mentorship. Students have the flexibility of self-directed learning with access to our world-class instructors.
Connect With Us
Tel: 519-661-2111 x88843
- Earn a master’s degree and complete your FCAMPT designation in one year
- Receive one-on-one support and guidance from an experienced mentor
- Acquire competencies in advanced clinical reasoning, pharmacology, diagnostic imaging and motivational interviewing for clinical practice
- Participate in research projects both within your courses and those offered by researchers affiliated with Western University
This program is ideal for those who are seeking new skills and clinical expertise to enhance their own practice, and the preparation to take on leadership roles in policy development, research, academia and beyond.
Jackie Sadi, BScPT, MSc, FCAMPT
Lead Instructor, Comprehensive Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy Program
Lead. Mentor. Advocate.
Our students leave the program knowledgeable about up-to-date best practices, and with the confidence to continue to integrate innovative approaches and research into their own practice as well as other professional activities. They are equipped with the research and appraisal skills to become better evidence-informed practitioners, and to participate in clinical research projects. Advanced healthcare practitioners foster effective communication and collaboration in interprofessional settings, and advocate on behalf of their clients. Many of our graduates become valuable mentors within their own organizations and communities.
See the bigger picture, advance your practice.
Graduates from the Advanced Health Care Practice - Comprehensive Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy master's program obtain a comprehensive understanding of holistic patient-centered care. Students learn to leverage evidence-informed clinical skills together with advanced clinical reasoning to assess and manage patients with complex clinical presentations. The program is designed to help students develop strong self-reflection skills in order to assess potential biases and ethical considerations, and evaluate their impact on client care.
Take the first step on our journey.
Applications are open until April 1.
Applications are submitted online through Western's School of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies.
CMP (Preparation for FCAMPT Membership)
Are you considering registration with the Canadian Academy of Manipulative Physiotherapy?
- This program option prepares physiotherapists to be advanced clinicians in the assessment and treatment of neuromuscular dysfunction and provide effective management of complex clinical conditions.
- Through advanced clinical reasoning, evidence-informed and experienced orthopaedic practice, the physiotherapist will be able to apply the biopsychosocial framework to manage clients, and when indicated, use the skill of manipulation safely, effectively and appropriately in their own clinical practice.
- Graduates are eligible to apply as a fellow in the Canadian Academy of Manipulative Physiotherapy (CAMPT). Graduates obtain the research and professionalism competencies necessary for CPA specialization.
FCAMPT (Preparation for degree completion)
Are you a registered fellow of the Canadian Academy of Manipulative Therapy?
Have you earned an Advanced Diploma in Manual and Manipulative Therapy?
- This program option is designed for registered fellows of the Canadian Academy of Manipulative Physiotherapy (CAMPT) possessing an Advanced Diploma in Manual and Manipulative Therapy and wanting to expand their professional and research interests.
- Students in this stream may participate in two required residency periods at Western and take fewer courses than those in the full program.