2018 Dean's Award of Excellence Winners, Team Innovation
How might artificial intelligence help to categorize the good, the bad and the ugly when it comes to opinions online? That was the thrust of the question put forward by Thales Canada in its latest Student Innovation Championship. With no prior background in computer science, three Western University graduate trainees at Schulich Medicine & Dentistry decided to take a leap and banked on the fact that their critical thinking, thirst for innovation, and ability to think big could lead to success.
- Award: Dr. Jorge Burneo named one of 10 Most Influential Hispanic Canadians
- Dr. Mithu Sen appointed Acting Vice Dean of Faculty Affairs
- Awards: SRTP Award winners announced
- Media Release: Researchers uncover gene that regulates fat accumulation and obesity
- Study: Targeted treatment offers cancer hope
The SOAR Program wrapped up its second Indigenous Quality Improvement Workshop over videoconference this month. The Workshop brought together four Indigenous community partners from four provinces to exchange and develop strategies for improving diabetes prevention and management. The team also launched a new online networking forum, Connect4QI, as a platform to support further collaboration and exchange between partners. To learn more about SOAR, please contact Meghan Fournie.