Adding and Dropping of courses takes place throughout the Academic Year. Various deadlines are set and are listed here as well as in the Academic Calendar under sessional dates.
Make sure you understand the consequences of dropping a course. Add/Drop: things to consider details what you need to know!
- If you do not pass a prerequisite in the first term required for a second term course - you must drop the second term course or ask for special permission to remain in that course.
- If you drop a
first termcourse that is a prerequisite for a second term, you must drop the second term course
Adding or Dropping a Course
- First Term Courses (Sept. - Dec.)
- September - Second Week - last day to get special permission (if needed). Must allow time to process before add/drop online.
- September 15, 2017 - Last day to add/drop/swap online (11:59 pm EST)
- November 12, 2017 - Last day to drop a first-term half course (without academic penalty) (paper form only)
- Full Course (Sept. - April)
- September 15, 2017 - Last day to add/drop/swap by web registration
- November 30, 2017 - Last day to drop a full-year course (without academic penalty); only done through Academic Counselling (paper form only)
- Second Term Courses (Jan. - April) Dates to be determined
Note: You are responsible for ensuring that your registration is accurate and complete. Ensure that you have satisfied the academic requirements for your program/module after you have completed any adds or drops. There are financial and transcript implications to dropping courses. For more information visit the Academic Calendar.
- If you drop before the add deadline then the course will not show on your record.
- If you drop between the add deadline and the drop deadline for each term your course will show as a withdrawn (WDN) on your record.
- If you drop after the drop deadline period your course will show up as an F (40%) on your record.
You will need special permission to take an overload, a course without the prerequisite, or a course at an Affiliate College. If a special permission is required, you must do so with Academic Counselling before adding courses online. See the Special Permission website for the procedure.
If the course you want to add is full, keep trying to add it at random times/days through Student Center. Departments monitor their enrolments and might add space. Also, you might be adding just as someone drops. If the course is mandatory for your program, consult the department counsellor of the course for advice.
Note: If you have not paid your first instalment or if payment arrangements have not been made, your Add/Drop form(s) will not be processed.