5th Annual Biology Graduate Research Forum 2014
Presented by the Graduate Students of the Department of Biology, Western University
Friday, October 3rd, 2014
Submissions and Registration
STEP 1: Registration
- You may register by emailing an abstract to email@example.com (see Step 2)
- To register to attend the conference as a non-participant, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate "BGRF Registration" in email subject heading.
STEP 2: Format abstract
Abstract submission deadline is Wednesday, September 3rd, 2014.
- Abstracts must not exceed 250 word limit
- Abstracts may be submitted in Microsoft Word (.doc) or Adobe PDF (.pdf) formats.
- We suggest using Times New Roman, 12 pt font for your abstract and whenever possible, try to use the Symbol font in your RTF file for your Greek and Scientific symbols (alpha, beta, gamma, etc.) to ensure correct syntax when the Abstracts are printed
- Title should be bold, followed by author list
- Underline presenting author
- Please use plain language to ensure your abstract is accessible to those outside your specific field
STEP 3: Submit abstract
PLEASE NOTE: If you would like your abstract to be considered for an invited talk please indicate so in your abstract submission email
- Please submit your abstract via email to email@example.com
- Clearly state “BGRF Abstract” in the e-mail subject heading
- Questions regarding submission should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that by default, all submissions will be accepted as poster presentations by the Biology Graduate Research Forum organizational committee.
Poster guidelines are presented below:
- Posters should not be larger than 4’ x 4’
Presenters are expected to be present at their poster during the poster session