Conditions of Probation
- the student must seek the advice of an Academic Counsellor in their Faculty
- the student will be permitted to take a maximum number of 2.0 courses during the summer, and a maximum of 4.0 during the Fall/Winter sessions, and may be advised to take fewer courses
- Probation begins immediately upon official notification from the Office of the Registrar, and will last until the first adjudication period at which a minimum of 3.0 courses have been attempted; Notification would be in the form of either an email to the student's UWO account, a letter mailed to the student's home address, or a notice posted in the student's comment section below their grades in the Student Centre.
- the student on Probation must achieve an average of at least 60% with no failures, on all courses taken during the probation period;
- if conditions of probation have been met and the cumulative average remains below 60%, the probation period will be extended automatically until the first adjudication period at which a minimum of 3.0 course have been attempted. Failures during the summer portion of an extension of the probationary period will require the student to withdraw for the fall term
- the student will be allowed only one probation in the time taken to complete a degree; and only one probation extension. A student will be required to withdraw if either the cumulative average or probation conditions are not met during this extended probation period.
- the student who fails to meet the Conditions of Probation will be required to withdraw from the University for twelve months