SSIRG - Some Current Projects
Self-consciousness and self-compassion
Eva Pila - What is the role of self-compassion in body image and weight stigma for young women athletes?
Parasport Events and Sustainable Community Participation
Laura Misener - Can parasport events hosting be leveraged to create community sports participation?
Women in Paralympic sport
David Howe - What is the past, present and future of women leaders in the Paralympic Movement?
Realizing objectives in non-profit sports organizations
Alison Doherty - How do non-profits achieve community program delivery while addressing broader mandates?More Projects Information
- Western Kinesiology improves on previous excellent QS World University Rankings score
- New publication: Quinn, Misener and Howe on the spatiality of the Commonwealth Games athletes' village
- Call for Presentations: Journal of Emerging Sport Studies 2020 Digital Symposium
- New Publication: Mac Ross and Janice Foryth on Indigenous women's boxing as a mechanism for social change
- Alison Doherty joins board of newly established CWSRC
- Laura Misener co-launches project to assess after-effects of parasport events
- ICOS Director Angela Schneider featured in Western News
- Taylor McKee and Janice Forsyth provide perspective on 'safe sport' in hockey
- Angela Schneider provides public commentary on Russian Olympic doping
- Golden success: Western bestows honorary doctorates on Olympians Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir
- Western maintains strong QS World University Rankings position in sports-related subjects
- SSIRG members receive $200,000 SSHRC Partnership Development grant
- Sport for Life launches Longterm Development in Sport and Physical Activity 3.0