SSIRG - Some Current Projects
Self-consciousness and self-compassion
Eva Pila - What is the role of self-compassion in body image and weight stigma for young women athletes?
Parasport Events and Sustainable Community Participation
Laura Misener - Can parasport events hosting be leveraged to create community sports participation?
Women in Paralympic sport
David Howe - What is the past, present and future of women leaders in the Paralympic Movement?
Realizing objectives in non-profit sports organizations
Alison Doherty - How do non-profits achieve community program delivery while addressing broader mandates?More Projects Information
- Taylor McKee and Janice Forsyth provide perspective on 'safe sport' in hockey
- Angela Schneider provides public commentary on Russian Olympic doping
- Golden success: Western bestows honorary doctorates on Olympians Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir
- SSIRG members attend SCRI 2019
- Visiting Scholar from the University of Gothenburg studies sustainability in tourism
- Western maintains strong QS World University Rankings position in sports-related subjects
- PhD Public Lecture - Kylie Wasser: 'Leveraging or Legacies? Olympic and Paralympic aftermaths'
- PhD Public Lecture - Courtney van Waas: 'Grand Experiments'
- SSIRG members receive $200,000 SSHRC Partnership Development grant
- Sport for Life launches Longterm Development in Sport and Physical Activity 3.0
- David Howe appointed first Frank Hayden Endowed Chair in Sport and Social Impact
- Angela Schneider featured on CBC Radio
- SSIRG Phd student members establish new journal
- David Howe's work featured in Western News