BMI Media Coverage
- BMI neuroscientists from Adrian Owen's lab discover too much sleep is as unproductive as too little. Media Release
- Three BMI neuroscientists - Adrian Owen, Lisa Saksida and Mel Goodale - discuss the benefits of interdisciplinary collaborations at the Canadian Institute for Advanced Research. Media Release
- Jody Culham, a neuropsychologist at the Brain and Mind Institute, explores how blind people can see objects in motion. Media Release
Dr. Adrian Owen’s research combines neuroimaging (MRI and EEG), with neuropsychological studies in brain-injured patients and healthy participants. Owen’s lab also uses web-based tools for the assessment of cognitive function in both health and disease and most recently to better understand the role that sleep plays in cognitive function. Learn More
BMI in the news
- BMI researcher and co-scientific director of BrainsCAN named one of the new Fellows of the Royal Society of Canada (RSC)
Sept 10, 2019
- Western develops unique map of human cerebellum
July 22, 2019
- Volunteers help unlock deeper understanding - Cognitive Neuroscience Research Registry (OurBrainsCAN)
June 13, 2019
- Congratulations to Dr. Adrian Owen on being named an Officer of the Most Excellent Order of the British Empire (OBE), Buckingham Palace, London England.
May 9, 2019
- Western Research Chair, Dr. Ingrid Johnsrude has been named the new Director for the Brain and Mind Institute.
April 30, 2019
- Andrew Pruszynski has been awarded the J.A.F. Stevenson award from the Canadian Physiological Society, for his cutting-edge research on sensorimotor function.
April 22, 2019
- New registry to boost brain research participation
OurBrainsCAN was developed to make registration for all neuroscience studies simple and convenient for participants, while maintaining confidentiality. OurBrainsCAN
March 26, 2019
Announcements and Updates
- The Brain and Mind Institute's Spectrum Series presents "Navigating the Individualized Education Plan",
September 24, 2019 at 7:30pm in WIRB 1170
- Upcoming talks at the Brain and Mind Institute.
October 1, 2018
- Faculty opportunity in Computational Neuroscience.
September 24, 2018