BMI Media Coverage
- BMI neuroscientists from Adrian Owen's lab discover too much sleep is as unproductive as too little. Media Release
- Three BMI neuroscientists - Adrian Owen, Lisa Saksida and Mel Goodale - discuss the benefits of interdisciplinary collaborations at the Canadian Institute for Advanced Research. Media Release
- Jody Culham, a neuropsychologist at the Brain and Mind Institute, explores how blind people can see objects in motion. Media Release
Dr. Adrian Owen’s research combines neuroimaging (MRI and EEG), with neuropsychological studies in brain-injured patients and healthy participants. Owen’s lab also uses web-based tools for the assessment of cognitive function in both health and disease and most recently to better understand the role that sleep plays in cognitive function. Learn More
BMI in the news
- New registry to boost brain research participation
OurBrainsCAN was developed to make registration for all neuroscience studies simple and convenient for participants, while maintaining confidentiality. OurBrainsCAN
March 26, 2019
- Spinal cords contribute to complex hand functions
February 11, 2019
- Registration for the ASSC 23 Annual Meeting, to be held at Western University from June 25-28, 2019, is now live!
January 31, 2019
candidate, Alex Cross is the lead author of a new paper on the correlation of math challenges and language delays in children. PhD
January 18, 2019
- The ASSC 23 Call for Abstracts is now live! The ASSC 23 Annual Meeting will be held at Western University from June 25-28, 2019.
January 18, 2019
- The BMI welcomes Lyle Muller, Marieke Mur and Taylor Schmitz as new members of the Institute and BrainsCAN's Computational Core.
January 7, 2019
- Western Psychology professor and BMI core member Laura Batterink named a Rising Star by the Association of Psychology Science (APS). Congratulations!
January 2, 2019
- BMI neuroscientist Adrian Owen receives the Most Excellent Order of the British Empire (OBE) for his services in scientific research.
December 28, 2018
Announcements and Updates
- Upcoming talks at the Brain and Mind Institute.
October 1, 2018
- Faculty opportunity in Computational Neuroscience.
September 24, 2018