BMI Media Coverage
- BMI neuroscientists from Adrian Owen's lab discover too much sleep is as unproductive as too little. Media Release
- Three BMI neuroscientists - Adrian Owen, Lisa Saksida and Mel Goodale - discuss the benefits of interdisciplinary collaborations at the Canadian Institute for Advanced Research. Media Release
- Jody Culham, a neuropsychologist at the Brain and Mind Institute, explores how blind people can see objects in motion. Media Release
Dr. Adrian Owen’s research combines neuroimaging (MRI and EEG), with neuropsychological studies in brain-injured patients and healthy participants. Owen’s lab also uses web-based tools for the assessment of cognitive function in both health and disease and most recently to better understand the role that sleep plays in cognitive function. Learn More
BMI in the news
- BMI researchers Michael Anderson, Ali Khan
andRanji Patel receivedCRC designations this year for achievements in their fields. The Canada Research Chair Program strives to attract, support and retain outstanding scholars and scientists.
November 15, 2018
- Congratulations to Spencer Jones, Geoffrey Ngo and Christina Vanden Bosch der Nederlanden on their successful DI-BMI Trainee Exchange Programme applications! This exchange programme offers postdocs in Cognitive Neuroscience an amazing opportunity to engage in collaborative research at Radboud University.
October 30, 2018
- BMI neuroscientists from Adrian Owen's lab discover too much shut-eye can be as bad as too little sleep.
October 9, 2018
- Emma Holmes, Ysabel Domingo
andIngrid Johnsrude publish findings that indicate familiar voices are more intelligible, even when not recognized as familiar.
August 10, 2018
- Western-led study finds that Brain game doesn't offer brain gain.
July 30, 2018
- A team of Western University neuroscientists, led by physicist Andrea Soddu, explore the flat brain.
Announcements and Updates
- Upcoming talks at the Brain and Mind Institute.
October 1, 2018
- Faculty opportunity in Computational Neuroscience.
September 24, 2018
- BMI researchers received over $400,000 in NSERC Discovery Grant awards this year.
April 13, 2018
- Andrew Pruszynski is one of the 2018 Awards of Excellence recipients - Dean's Award of Excellence for Junior Faculty. Congratulations!
April 10, 2018