BMI Media Coverage
- Three BMI neuroscientists - Adrian Owen, Lisa Saksida and Mel Goodale - discuss the benefits of interdisciplinary collaborations at the Canadian Institute for Advanced Research. Media Release
- Jody Culham, a neuropsychologist at the Brain and Mind Institute, explores how blind people can see objects in motion. Media Release
Dr. Adrian Owen’s research combines neuroimaging (MRI and EEG), with neuropsychological studies in brain-injured patients and healthy participants. Owen’s lab also uses web-based tools for the assessment of cognitive function in both health and disease and most recently to better understand the role that sleep plays in cognitive function. Learn More
BMI in the news
- Emma Holmes, Ysabel Domingo and Ingrid Johnsrude publish findings that indicate familiar voices are more intelligible, even when not recognized as familiar.
August 10, 2018
- Western-led study finds that Brain game doesn't offer brain gain.
July 30, 2018
- A team of Western University neuroscientists, led by physicist Andrea Soddu, explore the flat brain.
July 24, 2018
- With BrainsCAN funding, BMI researcher Stefan Everling and his team have found a particular approach to treating Alzheimer's disease might not be effective.
June 29, 2018
- Dr. Jody Culham and her team are unlocking a new understanding
intothe plasticity of the human brain.
June 6, 2018
Announcements and Updates
- The 2019 Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship competition has just launched! To learn more, visit the agency's website.
April 18, 2018
- BMI researchers received over $400,000 in NSERC Discovery Grant awards this year.
April 13, 2018
- Andrew Pruszynski is one of the 2018 Awards of Excellence recipients - Dean's Award of Excellence for Junior Faculty. Congratulations!
April 10, 2018