- Tim Bussey and Lisa Saksida have joined Western University after collaborating on game-changing research for the past 15 years at the University of Cambridge. Media Release
- Jörn Diedrichsen, who has come to Western University from University College London, studies human movement to develop better treatments for strokes and spinal cord damage in humans. Media Release
- According to a new study from Western University and the University of Cambridge, being able to visualize things in our mind’s eye is useful as it allows us to examine our memories, simulate possible future events and solve abstract problems. Media Release
Dr. Adrian Owen’s research combines neuroimaging (MRI and EEG), with neuropsychological studies in brain-injured patients and healthy participants. Owen’s lab also uses web-based tools for the assessment of cognitive function in both health and disease and most recently to better understand the role that sleep plays in cognitive function. Learn More
BMI in the news
- With support from BrainsCAN grant, BMI Researcher, Stefan Everling, and his team show in a new study a particular approach to treating Alzheimer's disease might not be effective
June 29, 2018
- Dr. Jody Culham and her team are unlocking new understanding into the plasticity of the human brain
June 6, 2018
- Dr. Laura Batterink joins the Brain and Mind Institute this summer.
May 9, 2018
- The 2019 Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship competition has just launched! To learn more, visit the agency's website.
April 18, 2018
- BMI researchers received over $400,000 in NSERC Discovery Grant awards this year.
April 13, 2018
- Andrew Pruszynski is one of the 2018 Awards of Excellence recipients - Dean's Award of Excellence for Junior Faculty. Congratulations!
April 10, 2018