- Three BMI neuroscientists - Adrian Owen, Lisa Saksida
andMel Goodale - discuss the benefits of interdisciplinary collaborations at the Canadian Institute for Advanced Research. Media Release
- Jody Culham, a neuropsychologist at the Brain and Mind Institute, explores how blind people can see objects in motion. Media Release
Dr. Adrian Owen’s research combines neuroimaging (MRI and EEG), with neuropsychological studies in brain-injured patients and healthy participants. Owen’s lab also uses web-based tools for the assessment of cognitive function in both health and disease and most recently to better understand the role that sleep plays in cognitive function. Learn More
BMI in the news
- Western-led study finds that Brain game doesn't offer brain gain.
July 30, 2018
- With support from BrainsCAN grant, BMI Researcher, Stefan Everling, and his team show in a new study a particular approach to treating Alzheimer's disease might not be effective
June 29, 2018
- Dr. Jody Culham and her team are unlocking new understanding
intothe plasticity of the human brain
June 6, 2018
- Dr. Laura Batterink joins the Brain and Mind Institute this summer.
May 9, 2018
- The 2019 Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship competition has just launched! To learn more, visit the agency's website.
April 18, 2018
- BMI researchers received over $400,000 in NSERC Discovery Grant awards this year.
April 13, 2018
- Andrew Pruszynski is one of the 2018 Awards of Excellence recipients - Dean's Award of Excellence for Junior Faculty. Congratulations!
April 10, 2018