Role of the Board
- To provide stewardship and ensure that University actions support University objectives.
- To participate in setting the mission and strategic plan of the University, and to focus on the strategic plan, once formulated.
- To appoint and support the President; to monitor the President's performance.
- To protect and defend the University's autonomy.
- To ensure the University's future.
- To advocate on behalf of the University: to understand the University, its mission, its strategic plan, and its culture, and to explain them to the external community.
- To identify risks and internal controls.
- To ensure adequate resources and financial solvency.
- To set policy.
- To ensure good management.
- To assess Board performance.
Enacted by the Board on March 27, 1997