The Brain and Mind Institute (BMI) at Western University in London, Ontario, Canada has funding available for 5 new postdoctoral fellows. The BMI is recognized as one of the world’s leading research institutes in cognitive neuroscience and aims to understand how the brain allows us to perceive the world, makes sense of what we see and hear, remember the past and plan for the future, communicate our thoughts to others, choose goals, plan actions and carry those actions out. The BMI has access to state-of-the-art facilities for cognitive neuroscience research, including magnetic resonance imaging (with research-dedicated 3T and 7T MRI scanners for fMRI, DTI, MRS, etc.), neurophysiology, human electrophysiology (EEG, ERP, EMG), neurostimulation (TMS, tDCS), cluster computing, access to a diverse range of clinical populations, human behavioral and kinematic testing equipment, and a sleep lab.
Potential applicants should be no more than three years post PhD and will need to contact one or more prospective advisors at BMI to discuss possibilities. The postdoctoral salary will provide two years of salary split equally between BMI funding and grants from the advisor(s).
To apply please send the following to Denise Soanes <email@example.com>:
(1) the postdoctoral candidate’s CV;
(2) two reference letters (sent directly to Denise Soanes by the referees);
(3) a statement from the proposed advisor(s) indicating a willingness to support the applicant and to provide matching funds toward the salary and the proposed starting date;
(4) a one-page description of the proposed project; and
(5) one short paragraph indicating how the applicant and/or project will advance research at the BMI (which may include helping new faculty launch their labs, bringing new methodological or analytic expertise to the BMI, facilitating new collaborations between labs at BMI and/or other groups on campus, and/or recruiting excellent candidates to work on innovative projects).
Questions about details of the application process should be sent to Denise Soanes <firstname.lastname@example.org>. Broader questions about the fellowships may be sent to Dr. Melvyn Goodale <email@example.com>, Director of the BMI.
The deadline for applications for this round of competition is February 1, 2015.