Janelle Unger, PhD, PT
Room 1437, Elborn College
519 661-2111 x81160
- BSc Kinesiology (Saskatchewan)
- MSc Physiotherapy (McMaster)
- PhD Rehabilitation Sciences (Toronto)
- Rehabilitation following spinal cord injury or disease
- Disability across the lifespan
- Balance and postural control
- Unger, J., Oates, A. R., Lanovaz, J., Chan, K., Lee, J. W., Theventhiran, P., Masani, K., & Musselman, K. E. (2020). The measurement properties of the Lean-and-Release test in people with incomplete spinal cord injury or disease. Journal of Spinal Cord Medicine, epub ahead of print.
- Unger, J., Singh, H., Mansfield, A., Hitzig, S. L., Lenton, E., & Musselman, K. E. (2019). The experiences of physical rehabilitation in individuals with spinal cord injuries: a qualitative thematic synthesis. Disability and Rehabilitation, 41(12), 1367-1383.
- Unger, J., Chan, K., Scovil, C. Y., Craven, B. C., Mansfield, A., Masani, K., & Musselman, K. E. (2019). Intensive balance training for adults with incomplete spinal cord injuries: protocol for an assessor-blinded randomized clinical trial. Physical therapy, 99(4), 420-427.
- Unger, J., Jervis Rademeyer, H., Furlan, J. C., Pujol, C., Dawe, J., & Musselman, K. E. (2018). Personalized adapted locomotor training for an individual with sequelae of West Nile virus infection: a mixed-method case report. Physiotherapy theory and practice, 1-11.
- Foundations of Physical Therapy
- Physical Therapy in Acute Care Settings
- Physical Therapy in Community Settings
- Physical Therapy in Rehabilitation Settings
- Therapeutic Modalities
- Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion Representative for the School of Physical Therapy, Western University
- Education Coordinator for the Neurosciences Division of the Canadian Physiotherapy Association
- Member of the Canadian and Ontario Physiotherapy Associations
- Member of the College of Physiotherapists of Ontario