Skip to Content
Charles Rice, PhD
- PhD (Western)
- MSc (Saskatchewan)
- BSc (Acadia)
- Acting Graduate Program Chair - School of Kinesiology
- Joint Appointment - Department of Anatomy & Cell Biology
Supervising Graduate Students
- Human neuromuscular physiology and anatomy
- Muscle strength, fatigue and exercise
- Neuromuscular aspects of adult aging
- Allen MD, Stashuk DW, Kimpinski K, Doherty TJ, Hourigan ML & Rice CL. (2015). Increased neuromuscular transmission instability and motor unit remodelling with diabetic neuropathy as assessed using concentric needle, quantitative electromyography. Clinical Neurophysiology, 126, 794-802. doi: 10.1016/j.clinph.2014.07.018.
- Allen MD, Kimpinski K, Doherty TJ & Rice CL. (2015). Increased fatiguability associated with severe diabetic neuropathy is attributed partially to neuromuscular transmission failure. Journal of Applied Physiology, 118, 1014-22. doi: 10.1152/japplphysiol.00441.
- Dalton BH, Blouin J-S, Allen MD, Rice CL & Inglis JT. (2014). The effect of adult aging on the vestibular control of balance. Experimental Gerontology, 60, 120-128. doi: 10.1016/j.exger.2014.09.020.
- Power GA, Herzog W & Rice CL. (2014). Decay of force transients following active stretch is slower in older than young men: support for a structural mechanism contributing to residual force enhancement in old age. Journal of Biomechanics, 47(13), 3423-7. doi:10.1016/j.jbiomech.2014.08.026
- Stevens DE, Smith CB, Harwood B & Rice CL. (2014). In vivo measurement of fascicle length and pennation of the human anconeus muscle at several elbow joint angles. Journal of Anatomy, 225(5), 502-509. doi: 10.1111/joa.12233
- Martin C, Turego J, Goela A, Rice CL & Wilson TD. (2014). A three-dimensional measurement approach for the morphology of the femoral head. Journal of Anatomy, 225, 358-366. doi: 10.1111/joa.12207
- Power GA, Makrakos DP, Stevens DE, Herzog W, Rice CL & Vandervoort AA. (2014). Shortening induced torque depression in old men: implications for age-related power loss. Experimental Gerontology, 57, 75-80. doi: 10.1016/j.exger.2014.05.004
- McNeil CJ, Allen MD, Olympico E, Shoemaker JK & Rice CL. (2015). Blood flow and muscle oxygenation during low, moderate and maximal sustained isometric contractions. American Journal of Physiology, Regulatory, Integrative and Comparative Physiology, Jun 17, ajpregu.00387.2014. doi: 10.1152/ajpregu.00387.2014. [Epub ahead of print] PMID:26084698.
- Neuromuscular Lab
- Lawson Health Research Institute - Imaging Division
- Gross anatomy
- Neuromuscular physiology
- Human adult aging