Skip to Content
Jim Dickey, PhD
- PhD (Queen's)
- BSc, MSc (Waterloo)
Supervising Graduate Students
- Tissue mechanics
- Joint mechanics
- Joint injury
- In-vivo studies of whole-body vibration (exercise platforms and occupational exposures)
- Caryn, RC, Hazell, TJ, Dickey, JP Transmission of Acceleration from a Whole-Body Vibration Exercise Platform to the Head. International Journal of Sports Medicine. 35(04): 330-338, 2014.
- Dickey JP, Eger TR, Frayne RJ, Delgado GP, Ji X. Research using Virtual Reality: Mobile Machinery Safety in the 21st Century. Minerals. 3(2):145-164, 2013.
- Dickey JP, Eger T, Oliver M. A systematic approach to simulating field-based occupational whole-body vibration exposure in the lab using a 6df robot. Work, 35(2):15-26, 2010.
- Conrad LF, Oliver ML, Jack RJ, Dickey JP & Eger TR. (2014). Selecting seats for steel industry mobile machines based on seat effective amplitude transmissibility and comfort. Work, 47(1), 123-136.
- Nevison SE, Jun Y & Dickey JP. (2015). The gluteus medius activation in female indoor track runners is asymmetrical and may be related to injury risk. Sports and Exercise Medicine - Open Journal, 1:28-33.
- Stephen AJ, Wegscheider PK, Nelson AJ & Dickey JP. (2015). Quantifying the Precision and Accuracy of the MicroScribe G2X Three-Dimensional Digitizer. Digital Applications in Archaeology and Cultural Heritage, 2, 28-30.
- Ji X, Eger TR & Dickey JP. (2015). Development of a seat selection algorithm to match industrial seats with specific forestry vibration exposures. International Journal of Forest Engineering, 26(1), 48-59.
- Freedman JD, Jun Y, Humphreys DA & Dickey JP. (2015). Effectiveness of Bracing and Taping, and the Influence of Light Finger Touch, During Unexpected Ankle Inversion Perturbations. International Journal of Sports and Exercise Medicine, 1(1), 007.
- Cullen KL, Dickey JP, Brown SHM, Nykamp SG, Bent LR, Thomason JJ & Moens NMM. (2015). A validated approach for collecting fine-wire electromyographic recordings in four canine shoulder muscles during highly dynamic tasks. Comparative Exercise Physiology, 11(2), 65-74.
- Joint Biomechanics Laboratory
- Principles of Biomechanics
- Clinical Biomechanics
- Scientific Instrumentation and Analysis
- College of Biological Sciences Award for Excellence in Teaching, University of Guelph, 2007
- Faculty Health Sciences Teaching Award – Recognition of Achievement
- Member of the Canadian Society for Biomechanics
- Member of the International Society of Biomechanics
- Member of the Consortium of Canadian Chiropractic Research Centers (CCCRC)