• Honours BA with a minimum B+ standing, normally in Art History or Visual Arts.
• One academic transcript from all post- secondary institutions attended.
Past or current students of The University of Western do not need to provide transcripts for their academic history at Western. This information will be obtained internally.
• Two letters of reference.
Applicants are required to enter the names and contact information (including e-mail address) of their referees into the online application. Once the application is processed, the referee will receive a request via e-mail to complete an electronic recommendation form on the applicant's behalf. A link to the form will be included in the e-mail. The referee will receive a reminder in two weeks if the recommendation is not received. The applicant will receive an e-mail when Western receives the referee's letter of recommendation.
• One sample of written work, normally an essay in art history.
• A well considered statement of intent regarding the applicant's work in art history. The statement of intent should outline your background preparation for graduate level work and indicate your field of interest in art history.
• English Proficiency Test
All applicants whose first language is not English should be aware that the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or its equivalent must be taken before applying to the University. The TOEFL is waived for applicants whose first language is not English who have already successfully completed a university degree at a university in an English speaking country.