Analysis: geometric analysis, operator algebras, mathematical physics, harmonic analysis, complex analysis.
The analysis group at Western studies topics including analytic techniques in noncommutative geometry, symplectic geometry, and mathematical physics; operator algebras; geometric analysis; harmonic analysis; complex analysis and geometry; several complex variables; CR geometry; analytic geometry; singularity theory.
If you are interested in graduate work in this research area, direct your application to the Department of Mathematics.
- Janusz Adamus- Analytic geometry, commutative algebra, singularities.
- Tatyana Barron - Symplectic geometry, analysis on manifolds, automorphic forms.
- Masoud Khalkhali - Cyclic homology, operator algebras, noncommutative geometry, geometric analysis.
- Martin Pinsonnault - Symplectic geometry and topology, geometric topology.
- Rasul Shafikov - Several complex variables, CR geometry.
- Gord Sinnamon - Hardy inequalities, Fourier inequalities, function spaces, positive operators.