Dr. Robert Mereu
Office: BGS 1000E
- Seismicity in Ontario
- Crustal and upper mantle seismology
- Inversion, wave propagation and scattering
- Time series analysis, digital filtering, signal enhancement
- Mereu, R. F., S. Dineva, and G.M. Atkinson, 2013. The application of velocity spectral stacking to extract information on source and path effects on small-to-moderate earthquakes in Southern Ontario with evidence for constant-width faulting. In Press: Seismological Research Letters.
- Dineva, S., and R. Mereu, 2009. Energy magnitude: A case study for Southern Ontario/Western Quebec (Canada), Seismological Research Letters 80, 136-148.
- Dineva, S., Eaton, D. , Ma,
S. and Mereu R.F., 2007. The October 2005 Georgian Bay, Canada,
earthquake sequence: Mafic Dykes and their role in the mechanical
heterogeneity of the Precambrian crust Bull. Seism. Soc. Am.
S. Eaton, D.W., and Mereu, R.F., 2004. Seismicity of the southern
Great Lakes: Revised earthquake hypocentres and possible tectonic
controls. Bull. Seism. Soc. Am. V 94:1902-1916.
R.F., 2003, The heterogeneity of the crust and its effect on seismic
wide-angle reflection fields: Chapter 10, pages 257-279: In
Heterogeneity of the Crust and Upper Mantle: nature, scaling and
seismic properties. Eds. John A. Goff and Klaus Holliger).Kluwer
- Mereu, R.F. 2003, Simulating a mechanical pen recorder with a computer program. Seismological Research Letters. V 74: 44-45.
R.F., Asmis, H.W., Dunn, B., Brunet, J., Eaton, D., Dineva, S., and
Yapp, A., 2002. The seismicity of the western lake Ontario Area:
Results from the Southern Ontario Seismic Network (SOSN) (1992-1-2001).
Seismological Research Letters, V 73: 534-551.
R.F. 2000. The effect of small random reflectors on the complexity of
Pg coda. Physics of the Earth and Planetary Interiors, V 120: 183-199)
R.F. 2000. The complexity of the crust and Moho under the southeastern
Superior and Grenville Provinces of the Canadian Shield from seismic
wide-angle reflection data. Canadian Journal of Earth Sciences. V 37:
S. and Mereu, R.F., 1997. Crustal structure of the Superior and
Grenville Provinces of the southeastern Canadian Shield. Canadian
Journal of Earth Sciences , V 34, pp 1167-1184.