|Lala Lab - Funding|
Research Funding (Recent-current)
• CIHR (Canadian Institute of Health Research). “Strategic training program in cancer research” (P.K.Lala, one of several PI’s). $300,000/year (2003-2009, Renewed for 2010-2016), to support infrastructure, trainees and seminars in Cancer Research at UWO.
• CIHR (Canadian Institute of Health Research). P.K.Lala (sole PI) “Biology of the fetomaternal interface”. $121,084,000/year (2010- 2015, extended to 2016). This grant explores cellular and molecular mechanisms in the control of human placental trophoblast invasion of the uterus by an uterine decidua-derived molecule decorin.
• CBCF (Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation) P.K.Lala (sole PI) “Regulation of lymphangiogenesis and lymphatic metastasis in a murine breast cancer model” $ 144,000 /year (2009-2012). This grants explores the roles EP receptors in breast cancer associated lympahngiogenesis and lymphatic metastasis in a syngeneic murine breast cancer model.
• OICR (Ontario Institute of Cancer research). P.K.Lala (sole PI) “COX-2 mediated induction of stem cell phenotype in human breast cancer and identification of therapeutic targets” $ 160,000.00 /year excluding overheads (2011- 2014). This grant explores the roles of COX-2 and EP receptors in the induction and sustenance of stem-like cells in human breast cancer.
• NSERC (National Science and Engineering Research Council) discovery grant “Cellular and Molecular mechanisms in Prostaglandin E2 mediated lymphangiogenesis” $ 30,000/year for five years (2015- 2020).
• CIHR(Canadian Institute of Health Research) Team Grant (P.K.Lala co-Investigator and mentor; Barbra de Vrijer, PI;) "Collaborative Obesity in Pregnancy Research Group: Supporting a Team to Investigate Placental Adaptations to Obesity” ($149000/ year for five years 2016-2021).
• CHRI Translational Research Grant Funds (P K Lala PI, G Eastabook Co-PI) “Role of decorin in preeclampsia” $ 15,000/year for 2 years Jan 2014- Dec 2015
• CHRI Translational Research Grant Funds P K Lala PI, G Eastabook Co-PI) “Role of decorin in preeclampsia” $ 15,000/year for 2 years Jan 2016- Dec 2017
• Western Srategic Bridge grant “ Decorin as a biomarker for preeclampsia” $25,000/year (Feb 2017-Jan 2018)
• CHRI Translational Research Grant Funds (P K Lala PI, G Eastabook Co-PI) “Role of decorin in preterm birth” $ 15,000/year for 2 years (May 2017- April 2019)
Recent Fellowship/Scholarship Awards to trainees in Lala Lab:
Canadian Institutes of Health Research
Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation
Ontario Institute of Cancer Research
Child Health Research Institute