Publications for 2012
- Estaki, Mehrbod, Protective role of alcohol and aqueous extracts of North American ginseng against eccentric exercise-induced muscular damage (MSc thesis)
- Sen, S., Chen, S., Feng, B., Wu, Y., Lui, E.M.K., Chakrabarti, S. (2012) Preventive effects of North American ginseng (Panax quinquefolium) on diabetic nephropathy. Phytomedicine (2012), doi:10.1016/j.phymed.2012.01.001. http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0944711312000086.
- Lemmon, Holly Rebecca, "Modulatory Effects Of North American Ginseng Extracts On Human Innate and Adaptive Immune Responses" (2012). Electronic Thesis and Dissertation Repository. Paper 399. (MSc thesis)
- Estaki, M., E.G. Noble (2012) Differences in alcohol versus aqueous extracts of North American Ginseng in protecting against eccentric exercise-induced muscle damage in rats. FASEB J March 29, 2012 26:1141.5. http://www.fasebj.org/cgi/content/meeting_abstract/26/1_
- Lemmon, H.R., Sham, J., Chau, L.A., Madrenas, J. (2012) High molecular weight polysaccharides are key immunomodulators in North American ginseng extracts: characterization of the ginseng genetic signature in primary human immune cells. Journal of Ethnopharmacology (2012), http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jep.2012.04.004.
- Sen, S., Chen, S., Wu, Y., Feng, B., Lui, E.M.K. and
Chakrabarti, S. (2012) Preventive effects of North American Ginseng (Panax quinquefolius) on Diabetic Retinopathy and Cardiomyopathy. PHYTOTHERAPY RESEARCH Phytother. Res. Published online in Wiley Online Library. DOI: 10.1002/ptr.4719
- Wilson, S.A.F, Wong, M.H.T., Stryjecki, C., De Boer, A., Lui, E.M.K. and Mutch, D.M. (2012) Unraveling the adipocyte inflammomodulatory pathways activated by North American ginseng. International Journal of Obesity advance online publication, 17 April 2012; doi:10.1038/ijo.2012.50.
- Moey, M., Gan, X.T., Huang, C.X., Rajapurohitam, V., Martínez-Abundis, E., Lui E.M.K. and Karmazyn, M. (2012) Ginseng Reverses Established Cardiomyocyte Hypertrophy and Post Myocardial Infarction-Induced Hypertrophy and Heart Failure. Circulation: Heart Failure. 2012; 5: 504-514 Published online before print May 10, 2012, doi: 10.1161/CIRCHEARTFAILURE.
- Bowie, L. E., Roscoe, W. A., Lui, E.M.K., Smith, R., Karlick, S.J. (2012) Effects of an aqueous extract of North American ginseng on MOG(35–55)-induced EAE in mice. Canadian Journal of Physiology and Pharmacology, 2012, 90(7): 933-939, 10.1139/y2012-092. http://www.nrcresearchpress.com/doi/full/10.1139/y2012-092
- Ning, A. (2012) How 'Alternative' is CAM? Rethinking Conventional Dichotomies between Biomedicine and Complementary/Alternative Medicine. Health: An Interdisciplinary Journal for the Social Study of Health, Illness and Medicine
- Belanger, Danyka D., "Ginseng Extract Treatment Influences on Preimplantation Development in Vitro, and Pregnancy and Post-Partum Development in the Mouse" (2012). Electronic Thesis and Dissertation Repository. Paper 577. (MSc thesis)
- Lui, E.M.K., Azike, C.G., Guerrero, A.J., Rome, A.A., Pei H., Arnason, J.T., Charpentier, P.A. (2012) Bioactive Polysaccharides of Panax quinquefolius in modulation of immune function: phytochemical and pharmacological characterization. "Polysaccharides", ISBN 980-953-307-162-1.
- Migchels, Megan J., "Chronic North American Ginseng Administration Alters Metabolic and Cardiovascular Variables in the Rat" (2012). Electronic Thesis and Dissertation Repository. Paper 792. (MSc thesis)
- Ratnesh Kumar Singh, Morgan D. Fullerton, Donna Vine and Marica Bakovic. Mechanism of hypertriglyceridemia in CTP:phosphoethanolamine cytidylyltransferase-deficient mice. September 2012 The Journal of Lipid Research, 53, 1811-1822. http://www.jlr.org/content/53/9/1811.full