1) Bare Metal Restore for Windows Server 2008, 7, and Vista clients:
The Legato Support team would like to advise our customers that problems will be encountered if attempting to perform a "Bare Metal Restore". If a client system suffers complete disk failure, it will have to be rebuilt manually using the Windows OS and current patches, as well as a manual installation and patching of all applications. At this point, all backups of user data can be recovered to the client. If you have additional questions please contact the Legato support team.
2) Bare Metal Restore for Windows Server 2003 and earlier, including XP:
For a complete disk failure of Windows Server 2003 and earlier, the following procedure must be followed. Install and patch the Windows OS. Install the Networker client with the same version used previously. At this point a full system restore can be performed. All user data backups will function normally.
For any DR restore from Networker, please refer to the Networker Disaster Recovery Guide, available here.
TO REQUEST BACKUP SERVICES, PLEASE COMPLETE THE FOLLOWING FORM:
Backup Request Form
- About Network Backup and Recovery
- System Administrators Responsibilities
- Pricing and Fees
- Contact Information
- Related Links
ITS offers Network Backup / Recovery services for most computer operating systems using TCP/IP protocol over the Campus Backbone.
These services are based on Legato NetWorker software and include the following features:
- Unattended overnight backups are performed between 5pm and 7am depending on client needs.
On demand backups can be requested at any time.
- Backups are run on a 28 day schedule, comprised of one Full backup and incremental backups on all other
days. Files are kept in the archive for 2 months before the data is released.
Longer retention time is available on request.
- File / Directory inclusion and exclusion options allow the client backup to be tailored to your exact requirements.
- System Administrators can initiate restores from their client machines. The backup tape library is online 24X7, and no ITS staff have to be contacted.
- Backups are cloned and are stored in the controlled environment offsite. This ensures there are always two copies of the backup data, stored in different locations.
- System Administrators receive an automated email notification on the completion of each backup. Alternatively, these notifications can be sent to a mailing list or a newsgroup to allow access by more than one individual. In addition, a log of all actions performed by Networker is maintained centrally for an extended period.
In the event of a complete client system failure, the System Administrator is responsible for reinstalling the base system. This implies that the System Administrator can re-install the operating system and any other necessary base components. If the client system is running Windows 2003 or XP, the ASR system can be used allowing a quick and simple recovery process
NOTE: Client system must be connected to the campus backbone.
For further information, or a demonstration of this product, please contact the Legato Support Team
- Client Installation - All Platforms
- Backup Schedules and Levels Explained
- Restoring Windows 2003 Server or XP using ASR
- Microsoft SQL Server Recovery
- Configure Windows XP Service Pack 2 Firewall To Work With Legato NetWorker
- Instructions For Opening The 2003 Server Firewall To Allow NetWorker Backups
- NetWorker iptables Settings for Linux
- Disaster Recovery (pdf format)