Equity and Human Rights Services (EHRS) provides information on the University’s discrimination and harassment policies, employment equity and diversity and other human rights related issues. We are here to help you, whether you are a student, staff or faculty member. We are dedicated to making Western an equitable, safe and supportive environment for all members of the University community. Our service is confidential except in specific circumstances.
Our office is responsible for:
- providing information, education and training on human rights and equity issues to all members of the Western community, individually or in groups
- administering the University’s policies on harassment and discrimination
- giving advice to people who feel they have been harassed or discriminated against, advising on University policies or non-discrimination/harassment clauses in collective and employment agreements, and facilitating alternate resolutions (where appropriate)
- offering a resource centre for equity and human rights information and materials
- facilitating and overseeing Western’s employment equity policies and initiatives