Office: UC 157
Office Hours: Wednesday 2:30-3:30pm
Ana is a Spanish Instructor that joined the Department of Modern Languages and Literatures at UWO in 1999; she comes from Salamanca (Spain).? Ana has a MA in Teaching Spanish as a Second Language and she is also completing a PhD on The Information and Knowledge Society, in the area or E-Learning, at the Universitat Oberta de Catalunya (ABD).
? Language Learning and New Technologies
? Spanish as a Second Language, Teaching and Learning
? Virtual environments for Learning and Teaching Spanish as a Second Language
? Business Spanish
? Language Teacher training and development
- “On-Line Tutorial for Spanish Teaching Assistants”. 16th International Conference on Learning. University of Barcelona (Barcelona, Spain), July 2009.
- “Seminario on-line para los Teaching Assistants (TA’s) de espa?ol”. ?XLV Congress ? Asociaci?n Canadiense de Hispanistas. Ottawa (Ontario), May 2009.
- “Teaching Spanish Language using on-line Technologies”. 54th Annual Conference
? International Linguistic Association. New York, April 2009.
- “La presencia docente en contextos online asincr?nicos y escritos en el aprendizaje del espa?ol como segunda lengua”. ?XLIV Congress ? Asociaci?n Canadiense de
Hispanistas. Vancouver (British Columbia), May 2008.
- Spring Perspectives on Teaching 2008, UWO. “Wimba Collaboration Suite”
- “Espa?ol de los negocios: “on-line” y con casos.” XLI Congress ? Asociaci?n Canadiense de Hispanistas. London (Ontario), May 2005.?
- “ En el principio fueron los textos: la red literaria en la clase”? IV Encuentro de
Profesorado de E/LE ? International House. Madrid, May 2003.
University of Western Ontario
Beginners Spanish (SP-1030)
Intermediate Spanish (SP-2200)
Advance Spanish Language (SP-3300)
Business Spanish (SP-2223)
Business Spanish on-line (SP-2223E)?
Universidad de Salamanca (Spain)
2009 ? Research on Teaching Grant (Co-applicant)
Title: Teaching Spanish in Second Life
Organizing Committee of Caliente Festival Hispano, 2008 (The First Festival Hispano of London). Held at the Convent Garden Market on July 12, 2008.
I am currently working on my Thesis dissertation, in which I study the advantages and disadvantages of using virtual environments, in particular, in Second Life, for Learning and Teaching purposes in a Spanish Language course.