What would you like to CREATE or ADD to your site in Cascade?
Navigation Folder - create a top-level navigation folder and corresponding index page that will appear in the purple bar on all pages.
1. To create a new Top-Level (purple bar) navigation item, first you need to create a Navigation Folder:
- click on Add Content
- choose Folder from the dropdown
- select Navigation Folder from the flyout
2. Enter the Navigation Title in the Title field (eg Contact Us). You can add information in other fields if you like but it is not necessary. You MUST have the 'Include in Top and Footer Navigation' set to Yes if you want the folder to be available in your top navigation. Click Submit.
3. A new folder will appear in your folder list:
4. Every Navigation Folder and Sub Navigation Folder requires a Navigation Index Page. To create one, click on Add Content, choose Page from the dropdown and then choose Navigation Index Page:
5. Leave the Page Name as 'index'. Give the page a title (e.g. Contact Us) - this is the text that appears in the navigation. You MUST have the 'Include in Top and Footer Navigation' set to Yes if you want the folder to be available in your top navigation. If you wish to have a different page title than indicated in the Title field, enter it in the Alternative Page Title field. Add the content for this page now, or you can choose to do so later. Click Save & Preview and then Submit.
6. Once a Navigation Index Page has been created, the navigation item will appear in the navigation menu (e.g. Contact Us):
1. Navigation Sub-Folders appear under Navigation Folders and should only be used if you have a multiple files to add to the folder. Ensure that you have selected the correct Navigation Folder to place your Navigation Sub-Folder.
2. Click Add Content and then choose Folder and then choose Navigation Sub-Folder.
3. Enter the appropriate data into the Title field (i.e. Contact Us) and click Submit.
4. A new Sub-Folder will appear in your folder list. Now you need to create an index page for this Navigation Sub-Folder.
5. Every Navigation and Sub-Navigation folder requires a Navigation Index page. To create one, click on Add Content, then Page, then Navigation Index Page:
6. Leave the System Name as 'index'. Give the page a title (eg. Eighteenth Century History) - this is the text that appears in the navigation. Indicate whether you want this item to show in the top navigation and/or in the left navigation on landing (or secondary content pages). If you wish to have a different page title than indicated in the Title field, enter it in the Alternative Page Title field. Add the content for this page now, or you can choose to do so later. Click Save & Preview then Submit.
You will see the index file associated with the Sub-Folder in your folder list:
Once Navigation Folders, Navigation Sub-Folders and index pages have been created, any additional pages within a folder are Content Pages.
1. To create a Content Page click on Add Content - Page - Content Page.
2. Give your page a "Title" which will appear in the Navigation dropdown menu. If you wish to display a different title on the actual page, fill in the "Alternative Title" section. You can then provide the information in either the "Basic Content" section or one of the "Right/Left Nav" sections.
When you are statisfied with your work, click Save & Preview to be shown a draft of your page. If you are happy with those changes, click Submit.
Uploading Tip: Click on the folder location prior to starting the upload steps and the correct folder will already be chosen for you.
1. To add images, PDFs, etc. to your web page, you must first upload it from your own computer to your site in Cascade.
2. Click on Add Content. Your choices will be different depending on the site you are working on. Most sites will have options under Page and then be able to choose PDF or DOC. You may also see an option for Image or PDF immediately when you click Add Content. Any option that is called Image or PDF, etc. will work.
3. You do not need to enter a File Name, the file will retain the name it had on your computer. In the Placement Folder field, specify the folder you want to upload the file to.
4. Click the Drop a file here or choose one from your computer to either choose the file from your computer or you can drop the file into the same box.
5. Once you have chosen or dropped your file, click the ellipses next to the Save & Preview to click Submit to commit the upload.
6. Now you are ready to add the image or pdf to a specific page by editing that page.
Published on and maintained in Cascade CMS.