Inward<->Outward: (De)Constructing Experiences in Public Space
Western University: Graduate Conference, February 8th and 9th, 2018
John Labatt Visual Arts Centre
The Graduate Students of Art History and Visual Arts would like to announce a graduate student conference titled Inward<->Outward: (De)Constructing Experiences in Public Space. The conference will consist of discussion panels that consider these themes (below) and provide a multi-disciplinary approach to these subjects. Talks will range from 15-20 minutes, followed by a discussion period.
Topics range from:
• Film as Space
• Bodies in Museums
• The Female Body: Agency and the Public Space
• Street Art
• The Exploitation of the Spectacle of Disaster & Suffering
• Digital Images and Nationalism Through Circulation
• Place/No Place - Thing/No Thing
• Archiving the Public and the Personal
• Negotiating Identity Through the Image
• Queer Theory and Space
In conjunction with the conference, MFAs and Studio PhDs will be conducting Open Studios as well as an Exhibition in the ArtLAB Gallery.
Watch for sneak peeks of artists work and stay up to date with us!
For more information please contact the Open Studio and Symposium organizers at email@example.com