Official UWO Web Site Agreement
This document must be signed by the person responsible for an Official UWO Web Site as defined in the
Policy for the World Wide Web at The University of Western Ontario.
As an Information Provider:
- I agree that the content of my site relates to research, teaching,
administrative work, or academic
student life at The University of Western Ontario.
- I realize that I am responsible for the content and format of all
information which I place on the UWO
- I understand that the material I post on the UWO Web is visible to
anyone on the Internet, and that
the quality, accuracy, and timeliness of my documents reflect on myself, my unit, and the University. I
agree to keep the information on my Web site up-to-date and accurate.
- I agree that it is important that my pages are accessible to as many
people as possible and can be read
by as large a variety of browsers as possible.
- I agree that my Web pages will comply as far as possible with the
HTML tags recommended by the
UWO Web Working Group.
- I agree to maintain a site map and to keep documentation/records
required to ensure continuity of the
site maintenance in the event of staff turnover.
- I agree to include the following information on each page in my Web
- Clear identification (in words or an official image) that the site is part of The University of Western
Ontario. That identifier should also be a link to the UWO home page. (Official Web images of the
University crest and word mark can be found at http://www.uwo.ca/cgi-bin/images.perl/uwoimages/)
- Unit name and e-mail address
- The date of last update or review
- I agree to read my electronic mail on a regular basis and promptly
respond to any questions from or
problems reported by, users of the UWO Web.
- I will not post copyrighted materials or personal or confidential
information without permission. I will
not post any illegal materials.
- I agree to comply with all UWO policies and guidelines established
by the SCITS and its
Subcommittees. I understand that failure to comply with these policies may result in my site no longer
being listed among official sites of the University and links to my site removed.
- I agree to keep my information on the UWO Web server or other Web
server that meets the
- Reliable (up 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, with a backup of the content)
- On a computer platform that can handle the WWW load
- Has a designated technical support person
Please resubmit this form when the responsibility for this Web site or Unit head changes.
Official Site Name:
Information Provider Name:
Sponsoring Unit Approval:
Unit Head Name:
PeopleSoft Account No:
[required by sites on www.uwo.ca]
If NOT running on the central server (www.uwo.ca):
Technical Support Person's Name:
Telephone (day): (after hours):
Received by: (ITS use only)
UWO Web Manager,
c/o Information Technology Services,
Natural Sciences Centre.