Sport and Fitness
Mustangs Sports and Rec Digital Summer Series
Learning online is a totally different experience that means you need different strategies and support. Sports and Recreation, Student Experience is here for you and has many online resources and remote supports available.
Resources to support your physical well-being and engagement
We are offering digital programming across all our departments throughout the summer: Campus Recreation, Sport Western, Sport, and Spirit & Connection. From live in-person fitness classes every day, webinars on various sports topics, announcements about new recruits and award dinners, to pre-recorded active living and informational videos, we hope you will check out our offerings and join us this summer for some Mustangs active-living and community connections.
For more information, see our June digital offerings below, or visit us at https://westernmustangs.ca/sports/2020/5/20/mustangs-sport-recreation-digital-summer-series.aspx
We're putting out LIVE fitness content regularly through Instagram and Zoom. Follow us to stay up-to-date on everything we have going on, and check our website for updates!
|Sculpt & Sweat
|Sculpt & Sweat
SPORT WESTERN SCHEDULE
CAMPUS REC REACHOUTS VIDEO SERIES
|Topic||Date & Time|
|Massage Mondays||Monday at 12pm|
|Trainer Tuesdays||Tuesday at 12pm|
|Aquatic Safety & First Aid||Saturday at 12pm|
SPORT RECRUIT ANNOUNCEMENTS
|Men's Hockey||Wed. June 3|
|Women's Basketball||Fri. June 5|
|Track and Field/Cross Country||Sun. June 7|
|Women's Volleyball||Wed. June 17|
|Men's Basketball||Fri. June 19|
|Rowing||Sun. June 21|
|Women's Hockey||Wed. June 24|
|Football||Fri. June 26|
|Swimming||Sun. June 28|
|Men's Volleyball||Wed. July 1|
|Wrestling||Fri. July 3|
|Announcements posted on westernmustangs.ca and all
@WesternMustangs social media platforms
Watch for registration for future tournaments in June!
April 2020 Intramural Online Tournaments - FREE Registration
Western Mustangs E-Sports Multi-day Online Tournaments
This is an unprecedented time for campus intramurals across the country. We're always committed to providing intramural activities any way we know how, and we’re pursuing online gaming as a means to continue programming and keep participants engaged through this difficult time. Who couldn't use a good distraction?
Visit www.uwo.ca/campusrec for more information
Registration Dates: Opens: Wednesday, April 8th @ 8:00am EST
Closes: Tuesday, April 14th @ 11:59pm EST
Tournament Dates: Starts: Thursday, April 16th
Ends: Thursday, April 30th
1. Xbox (only) - FIFA20
2. PS4 (only) - NHL20
3. Nintendo (only) - Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
1. All games are played 1 v 1 – no teams
2. Max 64 entries for each tournament
3. Double Elimination – everyone is guaranteed two games
4. Each participant is free to choose any team/character to play with in the game (No All-Star)
How to sign-up:
1. Go to imleagues.com and “Sign up” if you don’t already have an account, make sure you select “Western University” as your school/affiliation. If you already have an account, “Login”.
2. Navigate to the Intramural homepage and locate the tournament you are interested in participating in and create a team with your GamerID/Tag as your team name. This is mandatory as it will be how opponents find each other in the game.
3.Double elimination tournament brackets will be created and posted online following the close of the registration period.
4. Each round of the tournament must be completed by the specified dates (TBD) to ensure the tournament moves on in an orderly fashion and finishes on time.
5. Participants may play their matches at any mutually convenient time provided matches are completed before the subsequent round begins.
6. Standardized rules of game play will be posted on each tournament page.
7. Scores will be self reported; any disputes will be investigated and resolved on a case by case basis.
The Purple Shirt – Will be mailed to the winner