Application and Approval Procedures
Students are eligible for the Science Internship Program if they satisfy all approval criteria. Students must be:
- Enrolled as a full-time student in the Faculty of Science/BMSc Program at Western.
- Currently enrolled in the 3rd year of a 4-year program in the Faculty of Science/BMSc Program.
- In good standing with their Department and the Dean's Office.
- Returning to full-time student status at Western Science in year 4.
- Have a minimum average of 70% in year 2 and successful completion of required 2nd-year principal courses (reviewed by Departmental Program Advisor).
- Have completed at least 5.0 credits at Western.
Online registration opens August 27,
- Log onto CareerCentral.
- Click "Internship" on the left.
- Click "Apply to Internship/Co-op" and select your application choice - "Science Internship".
- Finish by clicking "Submit Application" only once and wait until the confirmation page appears.
Once we have your information, your application will be reviewed.
We will contact you regarding your approval to the Program in late September.
Once approved, we will:
- Invite you to begin Science 3391.
- Assist you with your cover letter and résumé development.
- Give you access to Science Internship job postings.