Research Western
Funding Opportunites - Research
Further details regarding this announcement can be found at:

Grant Amount: $45K PA FOR TWO YEARS
Deadline: Dean's: Contact your Faculty Research Office for deadline details.
Internal: Jan 25, 2018
Sponsor's: Feb 01, 2018

Subject Areas: Clinical Research or Studies, Parkinson's Disease, Population Studies, Health Systems, Treatment, Medical, Multiple System Atrophy, Progressive Supranuclear Palsy

This program is a strategic initiative to provide investigators who have recently completed research training with an early opportunity to develop and demonstrate ability to initiate and conduct independent health research. Applicants must hold an MD or PhD degree (or equivalent degree) and be graduates of a university recognized by the PSC. Applicants must be university faculty members with a position ranking of Associate Professor or less, in the first five years of their career, and must be conducting research in Canada.

The Program is available to individuals who propose to conduct research on the biomedical, clinical, health services and systems and population areas of Parkinson's. PSC plans to adopt a flexible framework in funding awards under the Program. PSC intends to provide 75% of its funding to biomedical research with the remaining 25% of funding to be awarded to research in the clinical, health services and systems and population areas of Parkinson's.

Application Details:

PSC invites grant applications from applicants committed to conducting research in areas relevant to the cure, cause, prevention, improved treatment and/or understanding of Parkinson's disease, related disorders including: Multiple System Atrophy (MSA), Progressive Supranuclear Palsy (PSP) other Parkinson's conditions and the impact these diseases have on society. PSC encourages Applications from the fields of biomedicine, health services and systems research, population studies, and clinical research. This initiative is consistent with, and reflects PSC's commitment to foster international leadership potential in this area. During any one competition cycle, in order to maximize PSC's research funds, where the grantee/supervisor and fellow are at the same institution, no more than one fellow per lab will be funded unless otherwise approved by the Scientific Advisory Board. Research Grants awarded under the Program are to be used to cover operating expenses, technical support staff salaries and equipment costs required by the successful applicant to conduct his or her project over the term of the Program, as approved by the Advisory Board.

Applicants for New Investigator Awards are strongly encouraged to include a letter of mentorship with their application. The letter should state among other information that the writer has read the application and will provide assistance to the applicant. Applications are submitted digitally through the Parkinson Society Canada online program located on the PSC website at where applicants can register and complete an application form. Applications must be submitted with the required signatures by the due date. Prior to submission, applicants should determine what signatures are needed, print the applicant information sheet (face sheet) and obtain all the required signatures for their application. Once obtained, scan the signature page and upload the signed signature page to the PSC online system as part of your submission by the application deadline date.


NOTE: All Letters of Intent and Full Applications must be processed through Research Development & Services for institutional approval. Requests for Institutional approvals should be received no less than 3 days prior to the posted Sponsor deadline. A ROLA Proposal (bearing applicant, Chair and Dean electronic approvals) is required for each submission.
Western Contacts: Kilianski,Louise
Hancock,Jennifer Anne

Sponsor Contacts:

TORONTO, Ontario, Canada