Western Strategic Support for SSHRC Success Fall 2019 Competition
Funded by the Office of the Vice-President (Research), the Western Strategic Support (WSS) for SSHRC Success program offers two funding opportunities identified as the Seed and Open grants. These grants are targeted at all researchers who are pursuing SSHRC-related research. The intent of these grants is to offer critical, one-time funding to support an individual investigator’s research activities for the subsequent development of strong, competitive submissions to external, peer-reviewed research sponsors.
The merit of each proposal will be assessed by the Social Science & Humanities Review Board (SSHRB) on innovation, impact, deliverables (both long- and short-term), proposed methodology, HQP training plan and proposed budget. Successful applicants are expected to develop and submit competitive research proposals to a SSHRC competition within two years of the award’s start date. Scroll down for application form and instructions. Indirect costs are not supported by this program.
- WSS for SSHRC Success Seed Research Grant Program Guidelines (Password Protected)
- WSS for SSHRC Success Open Research Grant Program Guidelines (Password Protected)
- Application Instructions (Password Protected)
- Application Forms:
- WSS for SSHRC Success Seed Research Grant Application Form (Password Protected)
- WSS for SSHRC Success Open Research Grant Application Form (Password Protected)
|Internal Faculty Deadline||Consult with Faculty Research Office|
|Application Deadline (Seed & Open)||November 8, 2019|
|Results announced||December 2019|
- Internal program applications are processed through Research Western Internal Grants and must be accompanied by a completed ROLA Proposal. All submissions will be adjudicated by appointed members of Western's Social Sciences & Humanities Review Board (SSHRB).
- Final Report - Online form due within six months of the grant end date.
Internal competitions are administered by Research Western Internal Grants (519-661-2111, ext. 84500, firstname.lastname@example.org)
For more information or questions, please contact Elizabeth Russell-Minda, Research Development Officer, 519-661-2111 ext. 88701