Wolfe-Western Fellowship At-Large
Western Research, on behalf of the Vice-President (Research) and the Vice-President (University Advancement), is pleased to announce the second Wolfe-Western Fellowship At-Large for Outstanding Newly Recruited Research Scholars. The Fellowship provides a unique opportunity to support exceptional scholars new to Western from any discipline.
The Wolfe-Western Fellowship At-Large for Outstanding Newly Recruited Research Scholars will be awarded based on the quality of the Nominee’s research and record of accomplishments, as well as, the extent to which the Nominee has contributed to research excellence and innovation in their chosen field in Canada and internationally relative to their career stage.
- Nominees must be at the Assistant, Associate or Full Professor level, and within the first year of their first appointment at Western, with an appointment start date between January 1 and December 31, 2020.
- The Nominee must allocate at least 75% of their academic time to research or research-related activities.
- Each Dean/Faculty is eligible to nominate one (1) new researcher for this opportunity.
Each Faculty may submit one candidate for this Fellowship; if you are interested in being nominated for this award, please contact your Dean or Associate Dean (Research).
Please review the Program Guidelines to assist in the preparation of applications. The full nomination package must be submitted in one PDF attachment and include five mandatory components:
- Nomination Form
- Cover letter (up to two pages)
- Nominee's current CV
- Most significant contributions (up to two pages)
- Two external letters of support (up to two pages per letter
A selection committee, chaired by the Vice-President (Research) or designate, will choose the recipient of the Wolfe-Western Fellowship At-Large for Outstanding Newly Recruited Research Scholars from the Dean-submitted nominees. Membership of the selection committee will include an appropriate balance across Faculties to enable adjudication of a broad range of research, ensure adherence to relevant Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion principles, guidelines and policies adopted by the University, including those values embedded in Western’s Indigenous Strategic Plan.
- Deans submit one Nomination Package per Faculty by email to Western Research (firstname.lastname@example.org) by 5 p.m. EDT, November 6, 2020
- Award decisions are anticipated by November 30, 2020.
- Funding for the successful nominee will begin October 31, 2020 and will last for a maximum period of five years.
For questions pertaining to the Wolfe-Western Fellowship At-Large for Outstanding Newly Recruited Research Scholars, please contact: email@example.com