Western Humanitarian Award
Funded by the Office of the Vice-President (Research), this award recognizes faculty, staff, and students at Western, who are engaged in a range of efforts directed towards improving the quality of life for individuals and communities around the world. Preference will be given to the recognition of activities undertaken by the candidate that have current or potential international impact.
A maximum of $5,000 may be awarded and must be used in support of humanitarian efforts as chosen by the recipient.
Western Application Process
The Western Humanitarian Award internal adjudication and selection process is managed by Research Development & Services.
A complete application will consist of a completed Western Humanitarian Award Application - online form which includes:
- Brief Information about the Nominator and Nominee
- Current CV summary (two-pages)
- Four-page (4-page) document describing the project which should have the following four (4) sections:
- Description of Project
- The rationale for the nomination
- Activities and Impacts
- Financial Requests
Please note the following:
- No Research
On-lineAdministration (ROLA) Proposal required
- Indirect costs are not supported by this program.
Wednesday, March 4, 2020 at 1:00 p.m.
Documents and Resources
- Recent Recipient of the Western Humanitarian Award
- Final Report - ONLINE Form to submit within one year of receiving the award.