Sloan Research Fellowships 2020
The Sloan Research Fellowships seek to stimulate fundamental research by early-career scientists and scholars of outstanding promise. These two-year fellowships are awarded yearly to 126 researchers in recognition of distinguished performance and a unique potential to make substantial contributions to their field.
The size of the award is $75,000 for a two-year period.
Eligible candidates must:
- Hold a
tenure track(or equivalent) position at a college, university, or other degree-granting institution in the United States or Canada;
- Hold a Ph.D. (or equivalent) in chemistry, computational or evolutionary molecular biology, computer science, economics, mathematics, neuroscience, ocean sciences, physics, or a related field.
NOTE: The Foundation no longer requires nominees to be within six years of their Ph.D. date. So long as a candidate has received a Ph.D. and is in a tenure-track position with a teaching requirement, s/he is eligible for the fellowship.
A completed nomination will consist of the following:
- A letter from a department head or other senior researcher officially nominating the candidate and describing his or her qualifications, initiative, and research;
- The candidate's curriculum vitae (including a list of the candidate's scientific publications);
- Two representative articles by the candidate;
- A brief (one-page) statement by the candidate describing his or her significant scientific work and immediate research plans;
- Three letters from other researchers (preferably not all from the same institution) written in support of the candidate’s nomination.
Materials, including reference letters, are submitted electronically through Interfolio.com.
The final submission deadline is September 16, 2019
Applicants are encouraged to consult with Julaine Hall (firstname.lastname@example.org) at Research Development & Services regarding the program and application process
Further information can be found at https://sloan.org/fellowships/apply