NSERC E.W.R Steacie Memorial Fellowships - 2017
The NSERC E.W.R Steacie Memorial Fellowships are prestigious, $250,000 grants awarded to enhance the career development of outstanding, early-career faculty. Six fellowships are awarded annually to scientists or engineers earning a strong, international reputation for original research. Fellows are relieved of teaching and administrative duties for two years to devote their time and energy to research.
- have successfully defended their doctoral thesis within the last 12 years (i.e., 2005 or later, barring career interruptions);
- hold a grant from NSERC;
- have published research that has had recognizable impact or obvious potential for impact on the researcher’s field, on society, or on industry;
- be of high stature in the national and international science and engineering community.
Nominators can be any individual or group of Canadian citizens or permanent residents who are senior members of the Canadian science and engineering community.
A complete nomination package consists of:
- a nomination letter explaining why the nominee deserves consideration for the Fellowship and how the award will help them in their career development;
- a draft letter of endorsement, to be signed by the president, outlining career interruptions and current teaching/administrative duties;
- a two-page summary of the research to be pursued during tenure of the Fellowship;
- a completed NSERC Personal Data Form (Form 100), including a complete list of research contributions (no page limit - additional pages to be manually appended)
- copies of the nominee’s three most significant research contributions;
- names and coordinates of 5-7 internationally recognized experts (Canadian or international) in the nominee's field who can provide an assessment of the nominee;
- Form 101 part 1 (“Application for a Grant”);
- Environmental Information Form (Appendix A), if required;
- a Terms and Conditions Form for Nominees signed by the nominee and a Terms and Conditions Form for Nominators signed by the nominator.
Electronically via Secure Submissions for NSERC’s Innovative Collaborations and Science Promotion Programs. Documents must be submitted as a single document in Portable Document Format (PDF).
Western Internal Deadline
Western can submit six nominations in 2017. As such, the following material must be sent to Julaine Hall (email@example.com) in RD&S by Monday, May 4, 2017 for internal review and selection:
- a completed NSERC Personal Data Form (Form 100).
- a draft of the two-page summary of the research that would be pursued during the tenure of the Fellowship
Final submission deadline is June 7, 2017
Interested parties are encouraged to consult with Julaine Hall (firstname.lastname@example.org) at Research Development & Services regarding these awards and their nomination processes.
Further details can also be found at: http://www.nserc-crsng.gc.ca/Prizes-Prix/Steacie-Steacie/Nomination-Nomination_eng.asp