NSERC Gerhard Herzberg Canada Gold Medal for Science and Engineering 2022
The Gerhard Herzberg Canada Gold Medal for Science and Engineering is NSERC’s highest
The grant may be used for personal university-based research or in some related way, such as the establishment of research Chairs in his or her name at Canadian universities.
Nominators can be any individual or group of Canadian citizens or permanent residents.
Nominees must be active researchers in science and/or engineering. The nominee's work must demonstrate a high degree of expertise, creativity, imagination, leadership, perseverance, and dedication.
Due to the interdisciplinary nature of the prize, nominators should consult NSERC's Guidelines for the Preparation and Review of Applications in Interdisciplinary Research when preparing the nomination package. Nominators should also consult NSERC's Guidelines for the Preparation and Review of Applications in Engineering and the Applied Sciences.
- a letter (max 4 pages) that clearly describes:
- the nominee's achievements and how they relate to contributions to knowledge, the development of solutions to practival problems, knowledge transfer initiatives or activities, training and mentoring of highlyqualified personnel, or research impact;
- the significance, benefit or impact of the nominee's achievements on society and industry;
- the role of the nominee in bringing about achievements;
- the nominees most significant contributions - making reference to the CV
- nominee's NSERC Personal Data Form or Canadian Common CV (over the entire career)
- the names and addresses of the six most important people in the nominee's field from whom NSERC may request objective assessments of the nominee's suitability.
- a one-paragraph description of each referee’s background and the rationale for their suitability as a referee
- Terms and Conditions Form for Nominees signed by the nominee; and
- Terms and Conditions Form for Nominators signed by each nominator.
Deadline and Submission
Nominations must be received by NSERC by April 1, 2022
Nominations are submitted using the online using the Secure Submissions for NSERC’s Innovative Collaborations and Science Promotion Programs.
Interested parties are encouraged to consult with Julaine Hall (firstname.lastname@example.org) at Research Development & Services regarding this award and the nomination process.