NSERC Gerhard Herzberg Canada Gold Medal for Science and Engineering
The Gerhard Herzberg Canada Gold Medal for Science and Engineering is NSERC’s highest
The grant may be used for personal university-based research or in some related way, such as the establishment of research Chairs in his or her name at Canadian universities.
Nominators can be any individual or group of Canadian citizens or permanent residents.
Nominees must be active researchers in science and/or engineering. The nominee's work must demonstrate a high degree of expertise, creativity, imagination, leadership, perseverance, and dedication.
Due to the interdisciplinary nature of the prize, nominators should consult NSERC's Guidelines for the Preparation and Review of Applications in Interdisciplinary Research when preparing the nomination package. Nominators should also consult NSERC's Guidelines for the Preparation and Review of Applications in Engineering and the Applied Sciences.
- a one-paragraph description of the nominator's background;
- a document (max 4 pages) describing nominee achievements, how they relate to the award criteria, their significance, benefit, or impact on society and industry, and any leadership and training contributions
- nominee's NSERC Personal Data Form or Canadian Common CV
- the names and addresses of the six most important people in the nominee's field from whom NSERC may request objective assessments of the nominee's suitability.
- a one-paragraph description of each referee’s background and the rationale for their suitability as a referee
- Terms and Conditions Form for Nominees signed by the nominee; and
- Terms and Conditions Form for Nominators signed by each nominator.
Deadline and Submission
Nominations must be received by NSERC by March 1, 2018
Nominations are submitted using the online using the Secure Submissions for NSERC’s Innovative Collaborations and Science Promotion Programs.
Interested parties are encouraged to consult with Julaine Hall (firstname.lastname@example.org) at Research Development & Services regarding this award and the nomination process.