NSERC Awards for Science Promotion
The NSERC Awards for Science Promotion
The individual recipient will receive an award of $10,000. The winning group will be awarded $25,000 to further science promotion activities.
Any individual, registered non-profit organization, postsecondary institution, non-federal museum, science
- organizing science camps, fairs, clubs or programs with youth organizations;
- creating new learning materials;
- developing science- and engineering-related co-op programs or job shadowing initiatives;
- arranging demonstrations,
- writing books and articles;
- creating radio or television programs and generating public involvement through multi-media programs
- A printed and signed NSERC Award for Science Promotion nomination form;
- A letter or document (maximum 3 pages) that describes:
- the nominee’s efforts and involvement in inspiring public understanding, and developing abilities in, science and engineering;
- the impact and duration of the nominee’s activities (Note: Nominators are encouraged to include specific measures of impact.); and
- the project’s content, originality, and scope;
- Three signed letters of recommendation
- Supporting documentation (maximum 4 pages) such as promotional material, participant feedback, media publications, awards, publications, etc.
- A Terms and Conditions Form for Nominees signed by the nominee; and
- A Terms and Conditions Form for Nominators signed by the nominator.
Nominations may be submitted electronically via Secure Submissions for NSERC's Innovative Collaborations and Science Promotion Programs. Nomination materials should be submitted in .pdf as a single document.
The final nomination deadline is Thursday, September 1, 2017.
Interested parties are encouraged to consult with Julaine Hall (email@example.com) at Research Development & Services regarding this award and the nomination process.