Molson Prizes - 2017
Given by the Canada Council for the Arts, two Molson Prizes of $50,000 each are awarded annually to encourage continuing contributions to Canada's cultural and intellectual heritage. One is given in the arts, and one in the social sciences or humanities.
Nominees must be Canadian citizens or permanent residents, but do not need to be residing in Canada. They must have made a substantial and distinguished contribution over a significant period, having clearly demonstrated their outstanding achievements through a body of work or by other tangible/quantifiable means. Assessment committees consistently choose laureates close to the top of outstanding careers.
A complete nomination package will consist of:
- The nomination form
- A letter of nomination containing original signature
- A brief description (max. two pages) of the nature of the nominee’s distinguished contributions to their field, including why they should be considered for the prize (this can be part of the nomination letter)
- A one-page biography
- Nominee's CV
- Three original signed letters of support
- A maximum of six support items (max 4 pages each) from sources other than the nominee; newspaper or magazine articles, press releases, etc.
- Photocopied proof that the nominee is a Canadian citizen or permanent resident of Canada (e.g. passport, birth certificate, citizenship card, etc.)
All documents must be submitted as hard copies:
- on white paper (letter format, 8.5" x 11"), single sided, with black font (11pt or larger)
- with paper clips (cannot be bound, placed under plastic, or stapled)
Send your nomination package to:
Canada Council for the Arts
150 Elgin Street, P.O. Box 1047
Ottawa ON K1P 5V8
The final submission deadline is November 1, 2016
Please contact Julaine Hall (firstname.lastname@example.org) in Research Development & Services for more information about this award opportunity.