Guggenheim Fellowships - 2020
Often characterized as “midcareer” awards, Guggenheim Fellowships are intended for individuals who have already demonstrated exceptional capacity for productive scholarship or exceptional creative ability in the arts. Guggenheim Fellowships are grants made for a minimum of six months and a maximum of twelve months. Since the purpose of the Guggenheim Fellowship program is to help provide Fellows with blocks of time in which they can work with as much creative freedom as possible, grants are made freely. No special conditions attach to them, and Fellows may spend their grant funds in any manner they deem necessary to their work. The amounts of the grants vary and approximately 200 Fellowships are awarded each year.
The competition is open only to citizens and permanent residents of the United States and Canada.
Most applications are from individual applicants,
A complete application will consist of the following
1. A completed online application form, including:
- Personal information;
- Names and contact information of 4 referees who are familiar with the applicant's work and career;
- List of professional memberships;
- Supporting documents:
- Career Narrative describing the applicant's accomplishments (3-4 pages)
- List of Work, which should reflect publications if the applicant is a scientist or scholar, exhibitions if an artist, performances if a performer, etc.
- Statement of Plans outlining the project to be undertaken during the fellowship period (3 pages max.)
2. Samples of the Applicant's Work might be requested from individuals in the arts.
The application is completed and submitted electronically.
You must complete an online form to request a login account so that you can access the online Fellowship Application.
The application deadline will be September 16, 2019.
Applicants are encouraged to consult with Julaine Hall (email@example.com) at Research Development & Services regarding the program and application process
Further information can be found at http://www.gf.org/applicants/us-canada/